Before we arrived at this hotel I sent an email to ask how much I should expect to pay to get from the airport to the hotel. This was answered straight away and the hotel said they could book transport for 500bht. We booked this and on arrival a young man was waiting for us. We had a people carrier to ourselves, very nice. I really recommend that you take this option and do not bother trying to book a taxi on arrival yourself.
On arrival we were given a refreshing drink and shown to the restaurant as our room would not be ready for another hour as we had arrived in the morning. Our room was located towards the back of the property and was the block closest to the road. The rooms on the ground floor you enter via the patio and the upper floor has a balcony with entrance at the back. I read some previous complaints about noise in this block. We did not hear the noise from the road but we did get woken up by our neighbour coming in at 1.30 and playing music and bringing women back with him. The walls are very thin in these properties and some people are just so inconsiderate. The room itself was very basic and the furniture is looking a bit tired. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was excellent. The aircon worked well and the fridge and tv were functional. They also provide tea and coffee and 4 bottles of water each day. The room was cleaned daily and the towels and sheets replaced daily. The toiletries they provide are shower gel and shampoo and you may have to ask to get these replaced. After being woken up two nights on the trot we asked to move rooms. We were given room 201. What a difference, the bathroom was updated and the furniture was in better condition. Don't accept a room in the block at the back they are poor compared to the rooms nearer to the front. The original room we were in was 701.
The pool is very nice overlooking the beach and we never had a problem getting a sun bed. There are of course the usual guests who reserve a bed and don't show up till midday. One guest had even made up their own reserved sign, check out the photo. I am pleased to say that these guests were not British, I bet you can guess where they came from! The beds also had a foam topper making them extremely comfortable. Towels are also available by the pool and they are happy for you to take two if you need them.
The breakfast was very good. It was more or less the same each day but you could change your egg order or have a Thai option if you wished. The bacon was excellent and the chef cooked a lovely poached egg. They also had fresh fruit, cereals, toast and some cakes. If you are on a room only rate the breakfast will cost you 250 Bht a day. We didn't try lunch or dinner here but I am sure it would have been good. You can see right in the kitchen which was spotlessly clean.
This hotel really is a good location. You are right on the beach but only a two minute walk from the main area. I would recommend this hotel if you are elderly and not able to venture far. It is all on your doorstep and it really is a peaceful place to stay. There are also restaurants just to the left of the hotel on the beach. There is also a night food market area where you can order your food, find a table and take your own drink. The food here is excellent, fresh and very tasty. To get here come out of the hotel turn left and at the top of the street turn right. It is on the left hand side of the road near the boxing area. I personally do not think that this is a suitable hotel for children given that most of the guests are older and there are a lot of girlie bars close by.
The hotel also has free wifi which we used a lot, I was able to write this review whilst sat on the sun bed over looking the pool.
All in all for what we paid we were happy. Our room was the delux option but from what we could make out it was the same as a basic room with a DVD player. I personally would stay here again as it met all of our needs. If you are however looking for luxury and high end rooms look elsewhere but expect to pay a considerably higher rate. This is great value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fun, flowers, smile and momentums of happiness is all about our boutique beach resort “Lamai Wanta Beach Resort”.Located at the main coast of Lamai, at the heart of Koh Samui. Lamai Wanta provides a perfect atmosphere to rejuvenate your soul, reward a floral holiday, recharge your batteries and relax at the most cozy private beach of Lamai Wanta. The Boutique Resorts offer 74 most convenient room on floral theme with plush amenities and spacious size of bed. A floral sunbath, and smile therapies are just a few activity to name about, but lots to see when you are here. Reawaken your freshness of mind with the subtle rhythms of waves softly lapping the pristine aroma of herbs and flower. Enjoy the warmness of hospitality Lamai Wanta Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and EasyToBook so you can book your Lamai Wanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamai Wanta Hotel Lamai Beach
- Lamai Wanta Beach
- Lamai Wanta Hotel Beach
- Lamai Wanta Ko Samui/Lamai Beach