Our stay at the Beach Republic was wonderful. There was a lot of construction during our stay but that wasn't too much of a problem because of the friendly atmosphere created by the staff. Everyone at the pool area was offered free mojitos because of the construction noise on Christmas Day. We got a room upgrade from a one bed suite to a two bedroom villa with private pool. I think this was due to our room not being constructed yet. We got lucky!
There were a few things we didn't like that we felt were totally unnecessary. One was the high cost of airport transfers from the hotel. The hotel said they charge the same as taxis do to go to and from the airport....which is 500Bht. The taxis rip off tourists so does that give the hotel the right to rip off their guests?? Such a short trip should not cost so much! Also, my wife paid 1300Bht for a 1 hr Swedish massage. After the massage, she mentioned she'd like to use the steam room. She was told that it would cost an extra 400Bht to use the steam room. REALLY??? We have been to many spa resorts and the use of the steam room & sauna always came with a massage purchase! Interestingly, the Beach Republic offers a promotion to people NOT staying at the resort. This promotion costs 1500Bht and includes free hotel pickup, a 1 hr massage, 2 course dinner with wine, and full use of the steam room and pool. We were hotel guests and my wife paid 1300Bht JUST for the massage and was denied the use of the steam room unless she forked out another 400Bht. Does this make sense?? By the way, the 300Bht beach oil massages a little way down the beach were great...and you can even listen to the waves rolling in.
We would definitely like to come back to the Beach Republic to see what it is like after the expansion! Thanks also to Fon who was a wonderful server for each of our breakfasts!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in your choice of deluxe one, two or four bedroom villas, stunning penthouses, and spacious suites. The villas and the penthouses have private chemical and salt water-free pools and all units are afforded the comforts of home with kitchens, coffee and tea making facilities, iPod docks, and free WiFi in every room. Guests enjoy privileged access to Samui's premier beach destination - the Beach Republic Ocean Club featuring fine dining, superb wines, fitness room, and the Asian Fusion Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Beach Republic The Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Republic The Residences Hotel Lamai Beach
- Beach Republic The Residences Ko Samui/Lamai Beach