We visited Beach Republic in November 2012 and I did have a few complaints, mostly concerning the service and staff appearance. Oh yeah, and the restaurant, too.
However, in May 2013, I could clearly see that a lot of improvement had been made!
We were welcomed back very friendly and we had a marvelous holiday. I wouldn't ever want to stay anywhere else in Ko Samui!
And saying this, I really mean PERFECT. We were traveling with 2 young kids, and I can say that demands of both generations of our family were fully met. My kids had a lot of fun in the pools and at the beach. Whereas my husband and I could enjoy the dj-sets and cocktails, and also the Spa (oh my.. that massage, I just can't forget it! in 4 years of my life in Thailand - I've never had anything like it!!). It may seem that Beach Republic is not a family place, but it will be, if you want it to!
And yeah, those funky grooves, stylish decor and sexy atmosphere make it all surreal!
We stayed at the 1 bedroom deluxe with a jacuzzi tub on the balcony, which was great. I also appreciated a lot when the receptionist offered us to use the existing bedding in the room for our kids to avoid extra costs because of the extra bed. This is very rare it Thailand, where most tourist-related places try to catch any chance to earn money, forgetting about the true value of relationship between people, and also care for the customers. It made our day!
After about 3 days, we discovered, that our neighbors were party-folks (which we were too a few years ago before having kids!) and they discovered that our kids woke up at 5.30 every day. So we were unwillingly disturbing each others holidays. And here again, came the valuable and kind attitude of the management, which upgraded us to a truly luxurious two-bedroom penthouse free of charge for the remaining 3 nights in order to make our stay as comfortable as possible!! And well.. the penthouse.. it's just stunning, luxury and high quality in every detail (cutlery, kitchen appliances, toiletries, bed linen, books....). You should just try it. You will never regret it, trust me!
A few words about the restaurant.. Since we've switched to a raw vegan diet (i.e. only raw fruit/veg/nuts), we've only tried it for breakfast, we had the rest of our meals on our huge balcony.
Every now and then my hubby and I were just looking at each other and saying "Wow, we're in the middle of the most beautiful holiday we've had in years!
Anyway.. words are nothing, just come and check it out!
We love Beach Republic!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in your choice of deluxe one, two or four bedroom villas, stunning penthouses, and spacious suites. The villas and the penthouses have private chemical and salt water-free pools and all units are afforded the comforts of home with kitchens, coffee and tea making facilities, iPod docks, and free WiFi in every room. Guests enjoy privileged access to Samui's premier beach destination - the Beach Republic Ocean Club featuring fine dining, superb wines, fitness room, and the Asian Fusion Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Beach Republic The Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Republic The Residences Hotel Lamai Beach
- Beach Republic The Residences Ko Samui/Lamai Beach