We recentlyspent a week here in a lovely sky pool villa.It had 2 bedrooms ( king beds in each room,they had to bring in another bed as we had our two adult children staying with us.and we were under the impression that we would have single beds. It was all worked out in the end even though this caused great confusion.). and 3 huge bathrooms. Fully self contained kitchen and lounge/dining area. Everything was well appointed.The balcony was massive with our own pool.Views out over the sea.Bottled water was provided free every day and there was always a little sweet surprise in your room at night.These villas are at the back of the resort ,so you walk down to the restaurant and pool areas(not far).They have great double day beds which are reserved for their guests as well as single lounges.All towels supplied. There are 2 pools to cool off in,most people do this but there is a beach right in front of the property and it was lovely to swim in the warm water.You could lay on the sand, but no-one does.Along the beach you can find a massage,drinks/bar and restaurants.We dined in at the rsort restaurant a couple of nights,the food was very good quality and reasonably priced by Australian standards.Of course if you want to eat at the local restaurants it is much cheaper.From here you can go into Lamai beach shops or to Chaweng beach(busier and far more popular)It costs about $10 to get to Chaweng,taxis everywhere. We had decided to stay at the quieter beach and were happy with our decision.If you wanted bars,shopping, restaurants galore it was only 15 mins. away. The staff were very helpful and would do anything to make sure you were having a good time. They could also arrange any tours, private cars,taxis that we needed.Happy hour drinks every night was good value.All the tour companies pick up from this resort. The resort also has a gym and spa/massage centre. We did a whole day tour to Angthong National Marine Park,snorkelling,swimming,canoeing(great but very rough seas in Jan.)another to Koh Tao a smaller island,great snorkelling off the main beach,(i would like to go back there) and another day we went to swim in the 2 waterfalls in the centre of the island(fun) by getting our own driver. Its the way to go if you don't want to be rushed by a tour.The only thing that annoyed us a little was the Dj that played most days from 12,it wasn't really our sort of music and it was a bit loud.We would have been happy with no music.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in your choice of deluxe one, two or four bedroom villas, stunning penthouses, and spacious suites. The villas and the penthouses have private chemical and salt water-free pools and all units are afforded the comforts of home with kitchens, coffee and tea making facilities, iPod docks, and free WiFi in every room. Guests enjoy privileged access to Samui's premier beach destination - the Beach Republic Ocean Club featuring fine dining, superb wines, fitness room, and the Asian Fusion Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Beach Republic The Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Republic The Residences Hotel Lamai Beach
- Beach Republic The Residences Ko Samui/Lamai Beach