“Perfect value forthe Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thai House Beach Resort

You added Thai House Beach Resort to your Saves list
Thai House Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   131 Moo3, T.Maret, Lamai Beach, Lamai Beach 84310 | Lamai Beach, Lamai Beach, Maret, Ko Samui 84310, Thailand   |
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
germany
“Perfect value forthe Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just stayed 5 nights at the Thai House. It was my first visit and probably will not be my last.
It is nota posh hotel, but it gives you perfect value for the money you pay. The rooms in general are nice. I wasn't very lucky as I got a very dark room facing the neighboring property. But I had the chance to see the villas and other rooms and they are really more then ok. In any case they are really spotless clean, good and comfortable beds, enough storage place. Pool and pool area are nice. I didn't use it and there were tons of kids (peacefully) playing in the pool, but it looked nice nevertheless. The beach and sea were stunning, good for walking, good for swimming.there were some beach vendors and jet ski rentals but they weren't pushy at all. If you wanted to buy something it was ok, if you didn't it was ok too. Much different from my experience in different places.
But the best thing about this hotel was the staff. Each and every one of them were very polite, helpful, fun and made you feel very welcome.
So on in all, even having stayed in a dark room it was a good experience I can recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thai House Beac... K, General Manager at Thai House Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear jacarepequeno,

We wish to express our sincerest appreciation for choosing Thai House Beach Resort for spending your holiday. Your positive feedback is very much appreciated and we are happy to hear that your holiday here met your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again to Koh Samui, The Paradise Island.

Best regards,
General Managere

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Thai House Beach Resort many times over the past 6 years. The experience seems to improve every visit. The staff remember me by name and give me personal attention. From the delicious breakfast buffet to the cordial and special Happy Hour, The mix of travelers from all over the world were very nice and friendly. There was little or no smoking and it was very quiet at the pool and on the beach. I have been very pleased. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is one of the best budget hotel reservations i have ever made in my life. The room costs us less than $60 per night for 2 and was perfectly fine. Clean, private balcony, big king size bed, fresh towels and very friendly staff. Hotel is located on the beach, which is always a great thing when visiting a beach destination.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thai House K, General Manager at Thai House Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Mohit M

Being in this industry of service, we believe in providing our guests the highest satisfaction, and nothing makes us happier than received such confirmation from you, we will definitely share your kind compliments with our team.

Thank you once again for sharing us your experience, we hope to welcome you back again to our Thai House Beach Resort and to provide you the best service.

Kind regards,
Aalborg, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The pool garden is so relaxing and beautiful and very well kept by the friendly staff. The restaurant and the beach are right next to the pool, so you basically never need to leave this resort if you don't want to! In case you do want to get out, there is a small supermarket right outside the hotel where you can buy drinks and basic supplies. For bigger shopping there is a big Tesco Lotus a 10-15min walk away where you can get basically anything you'll need. The main street contains tons of restaurants, tourist shops, tour operators and the like. It was piece of cake to arrange our further transportation to Koh Phangan on site using the tour operator recommended by the hotel.

The beach is very fine by any standard, but definitely not the best you'll see in Thailand; it is pure sand (no corals), but it gets deep quickly and there can be big waves (and sometimes a little bit of driftwood and seaweed), so not as friendly for small children as some other places we've stayed where the water was more calm and clear and the view more postcard like.

We stayed in the garden villas, and they are very nice, but not sure they are worth the extra over the normal rooms in the main building assuming you can get a room that overlooks the garden. In any case, I wouldn't want to stay in the 3rd floor rooms overlooking the A/C units on the roof, even if they do have a sea view! It shouldn't be necessary to mention cleanliness, but i'll just add in that everything was impeccable and the service was generally top notch.

Room Tip: Top floor overlooks the A/C units on the roof, might be noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thai House K, General Manager at Thai House Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear thomasthorsen,

Thank you for posting your feedback through TripAdvisor. We value our guest comments and will surely take note of yours. The positive feedback is very much appreciated and we are glad we met your expectations in those areas.
Being in this industry of service, we believe in providing our guests the highest satisfaction, and nothing makes us happier than received such confirmation from you, we shall certainly share your kind compliments with our team.

It is unfortunate that you did not much impress about the beach quality. It’s true that in Samui quality of beach and sand is not the one that you can be found in others places like Koh Tao or Nang Yuan or you experienced.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Koh Samui.

Best regards,
Winnipeg, Manitoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Found this hotel online for cheap so we decided to start with one night and if we liked it, we would book more. Decent location, very close to a river of very unclean water. Very good stretch of beach.
When we checked in we asked if breakfast was included, which it wasn't but they had a special on. They would give us their English breakfast for only 400 baht per person... When we said no thank you and could they recommend a restaurant close by to eat, they just said that their restaurant was excellent but wouldn't give us any other recommendations. So we walked 100 meters and found a great full English breakfast for 150 baht.
The rooms were good, everything that you would need. The exception being that we found syringes full of drugs(medical, not recreational) on the desk in our room. Not exactly what we want to see upon checking in.
When we decided that the hotel was alright to spend a few nights at, we spoke to the front desk and asked if they book is in at the rate we had paid for the one night. They said that they could not and informed us that their price was 350 baht more than the price we had gotten for that night. We had had enough so we decided to look for somewhere else to stay for the duration of our stay on samui.
Very unhelpful staff!

• Stayed June 2013
Thai House K, General Manager at Thai House Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear crowley2

Thank you for posting your feedback through TripAdvisor. We value our guest comments and will surely take note of your comment regarding our staff service, while we are already taking corrective actions and intensive training to improve staff service skills.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and hope we have the chance to welcome you back again to provide the better service.

Best regards

Aberdare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have just returned from here and must say the location is excellent, rooms very clean beach lovely, pool lovely, and the whole atmosphere is relaxed and very typically Thai. However, my husband had an aloe vera massage with their own staff, after which he lay in our room and left some marks from then aloe vera on the sheets! The housekeeping staff reported this and threatened to charge us for the duvet cover (price £50) if the mark didnt come out! We were annoyed and upset at this and explained the oils were from their own services and that we had never heard of such nonsense but it was only when the stain came out in the wash that they dropped the issue! This was on day 3 of the holiday! We didn't spend any further money in the hotel afterwards using other nearby places instead with no inconvenience to ourselves whatsoever. The supermarket on the corner is really cheap and a two minute walk should you want cold drinks or snacks. The Marine Bar on the road outside is friendly, the drinks are cheaper and the girls there so welcoming and gave us farewell gifts on our last night. If you walk up the beach past the bar next door the coconut beach resort makes delicious and cheap lunches and the staff there are welcoming and friendly and even showed us around the accommodation there in case we wanted to go next year! We loved Lamai and can't wait to return but the Thai beach resort let themselves down with this silly niggle. Despite the fact that we loved the location, the facilities and atmosphere of the hotel we won't re-book there.

• Stayed June 2013
Thai House K, General Manager at Thai House Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear annmarie08 ,

We wish to express our sincerest appreciation for choosing Thai House Beach Resort for spending your holiday and also greatly appreciate your time to share your concern with us. Your constructive feedback enables us to monitor and improve our quality service standards.We are very concerned, as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver.

We take note of your comment , while we are already taking corrective actions and intensive training to improve our staff service skills and assure you that we will be taking steps to ensure an occurrence is not repeated.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay at Thai House Beach Resort. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to showcase our improvements.

With the best regards,

Thai House Beach Resort
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The Thai House Beach Resort is like an old friend to me and my friends & both American & Thai families. Like all good friends the Thai House has its good as well as some attributes in need of honing to remain at the top of the game. I'll start with the Pro's:

1) location location location. It's on the best stretch of beach on Lamai on literally the best plot of land there. Great views great swimming...perfect.

2) The hotel is smallish but that's what boutiques are: intimate, one of a kind small oasis. It's beautiful too. You won't find a better layout for near the price on Lamai.

3) The staff is kind and attentive. They want to do the right thing. I stay all over the world in all the time including 7 star. The Thai house isn't perfect but it's good. The staff is as good as any 4 star on the planet. They are Thai too and that's an increasing rarity in Thailand. Most hotels now employ desparate foreign workers at incredibly low wages and as expected chaos reigns. Yesterday for example at a neighboring resort I tried to pay for something with a credit card and the poor helpless cashier said my card didn't work. As I am experienced with this I asked her to show me. She was jamming the card into the wrong port on the machine repeatedly to show me it was a bad card. Within seconds I showed her for the first time in her life how to use her point of sale system where she worked that I'd never before seen, she was amazed to see how it worked and thanked me....sad. You won't have this sort of problem at the Thai house.

4) The Villas. I prefer Villa A and when I first stayed here.... At that time only Villas A & B, the pool, massage and restaurant were built. Villa A was refitted from the beautiful internal fountain and garden shower last year. I prefer the older style so you may like the lighter newer more airy look. :-)

The old wonderful dark wood was laminated over with a lighter pergo type real wood laminate it appears, and sadly the bath was painted white and the luxurious garden, traditional brick was all either covered over or painted over. I get that they wanted a cleaner look but the work was not op notch and the paint is peeling all over the bathroom us as they raised the floor to level it the drainage is off and now most of the floor gets wet when you use the large shower. All that said. Villa A is the best and sits right on the beach. I'd happily pay whatever they asked. Also I know they'll have it reworked again before my next stay. :-) its worth the price and for what you get is still the best room and best deal on the beach in Lamai!!!

5) The food: I'm a foody. i love to eat out when i travel and around the San Francisco Bay Area where I live. The Thai house food is excelkent. the Seafood and Thai food as well as western dishes are excellent and tasty. It's pennies more than some other places and equal in cost to many more. But it's really good and it's beach front and not over priced. It's moderately priced and delicious. Great for all nationalities. The breakfast (you should include) is a buffet and includes a good selection of Thai and western dishes and eggs cooked to order.

6) Facilities are good and make excellent use of the small space. The gardens are quite lush and hide well the surprising number of rooms. The family rooms are large and surprisingly cheap. I've stayed pretty much in all room types here over the years.

7) beach massage. Best in the beach massage on Samui.

Ok now the hard part...Cons:

1) Dude...who put in the new crap-tastic hair dryers: they were hung either by drinks or disgruntled midgets...low quality constantly tripping thermocouples...short cords and just drilled one screw (needs two in the base) into walls randomly in each room. Looks bad barely works, hard to use.

2) new shower heads in tubs. Again some of the sloppiest, most careless, plumbing work I've ever seen...the flexible shower hoses and heads have nowhere to go but an off center high, cock eyed mount in each and every tub now. It looks cheap and sloppy in what I personally know is an expensive and high quality built hotel. Dude fix this if only because: it's going to cost you millions of Thsi baht to fix in two years because...: The way this sloppy work was doe cause the shower to be hard to use and sprays all over the wall and floors flooding the entire bathroom of all rooms with each use. Why this was done or allowed makes no sense. I have to lean into the shower to use as it mostly just sprays onto a wall and the back of the tub and then straight onto the floor. What mess!!! Slick wet floors for an hour after every shower...this has to be ruining the floors and ceilings...please fix I like you guys. :-)

3) I've noticed the Thai Hoyse is now fully booked most of the year. This means that the rooms are getting more traffic and wear. It's time to refresh a few of them...not all to be sure, also they aren't worn really just the latest style is looking a bit tired. The bathrooms in particular need an upgrade...they are nice but they need more style and more of a Thsi feeling line they used to have...just a personal opinion. But if I want neutral room decor I'll stay at a Marriott...or go to Florida...just a personal taste style thing for me though...

Overall still the best deal for the money and great for all: couples, singles and families. The Thai house and its staff have charm and style and I come back happily year after year. I did rant a bit about the shower but it just struck me as odd but not anything that would make me go elsewhere. More so too due to the rest of the Thai House's super high level of fit and finish. :-)

Last note:

I've always had a good stay here and always plan to return!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Thai House Beach Resort? Share your experiences!