“Very Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thai House Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Thai House Beach Resort to your Saves list
Thai House Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   131 Moo3, T.Maret, Lamai Beach, Lamai Beach 84310 | Lamai Beach, Lamai Beach, Maret, Ko Samui 84310, Thailand   |
Ranked #13 of 43 hotels in Lamai Beach
Sydney, Australia
“Very Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Thai House Beach resort for 7 nights (first time in Lamai although 3rd time in Samui). After deciding to try somewhere different to Chaweng. This hotel was very good value for money, the rooms were more usual hotel style as opposed to thai style & not very big, but really adequate, clean & comfortable enough.(& I'm pretty fussy). After our 7 night stay here we reluctantly moved onto our double the price hotel in Chaweng & quite honestly we decided we preferred it at the Thai Beach House. First time we've ever bothered to move from the poolside chairs to the beach also, it was a much nicer beach area. Overall, very good value for money & would definitely stay there again. The only negative was the "fitness room" which was very limited compared to some hotels & the air con was not working, so virtually impossible to use & although the staff were asked several times re this, it was not resolved in the time we were there. That aside, overall good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

331 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed a week in this hotel and we had excellent service from the moment we arrived till the minute we left
On our first morning I had an accident and tripped in the bathroom, putting my elbow through the glass door, needing 4 stitches, The young manager was on hand to help us immediately and we were driven by an employee to find a doctor, and he waited outside for 45minutes while i was being seen to and then drove us back.
We were moved to another room, and we apologised many times and offered to pay, but they wouldnt hear of it! and every day they asked how I was.
Breakfast was varied and plentiful.
Rooms were spacious and clean.
We would reccommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Lamai!!
The only let down was the rain which no one can predict!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Having stayed at the Pavilion on my last 2 trips to Samui I was a little dubious about changing to the Thai House Beach Resort at first but as I was being joined by relatives arriving from England and staying for 3 weeks (I was only staying for 8 days) the Pavilion just seemed too expensive.

Firstly the resort is good value, my parents stayed 21 nights but only had to pay for 15 nights, similarly I stayed for 8 but only paid for 6 nights, I had to pay 50% up front when I made the booking which is unusual (they could have just billed my credit card for a no-show afterall), but what did concern me is that they billed me for the remaining 50% on check in...in other words I had paid out over B120,000 before I had even seen the room!, I figured that in the event of a dispute I could cancel payment with my bank so I let it slide.

I had previously asked to upgrade my room to a beach front villa and was given Villa D over looking the beach and pool, the Villa was lovely, clean and spacious and I spent many an evening enjoying a cold beer sitting out on the balcony enjoying the sound of the sea.

Breakfast was fine, nothing to rave about but nothing to complain about either, egg station, bacon and eggs, cerials, a couple of daily changing dishes, Asian breakfast, cold cuts, fresh fruit, yoghurt, juices, coffee and tea...what more do you want really for a free breakfast?

Staff are attentive and generally friendly, location is very good...there is a family mart at the corner of the road down to the resort and the staff had no problem with us buying our beers there and sticking them in the mini bar, even drinking them by the pool was not a problem.

The swimming pool is a little small but as the resort is not big and it was not peak season when we went it never felt as if the pool was crowded and there were always plenty of loungers available too.

Lovely beach, white sand, clear water and very few beach sellers hassling the tourists.

During our stay the entire island experienced a 4 day black out due to damage from the main cables from the mainland, the resort had a generator but was only equipped to run as a back up for no more than 8 hours at a time, the hotel staff were very good at keeping all the guests informed of the situation and posting times that the generator would be running so as to minimise the inconvenience to us which was reassuring.

All in all I enjoyed my stay very much and will happily stay at and recommend the Thai House Beach Resort to others.

Room Tip: Villas D & E are the best in my opinion, Villa A is closest to beach but has the massage sala in...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I´m writing this review on my last day on this resort. My stay was great, the beach is very nice and the resort is very well located near Lamai main street with a lot of good restaurants, bars and shops on the surroundings.
The hotel has a very good price/quality relation, it is not very expensive and it has the essential services like free wifi, gim, nice beach front restaurant (specially pleasant while having breakfast), small swiming pool and attentive staff.
The rooms are nice but need updates, the gim and swiming pool are small but nice.
Overall it's a nice small resort where you can enjoy a few days on the beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked this hotel for 4 nights for the end of September 2012, which was at the beginning of our holiday. Knowing that we were to come back almost 3 weeks later, by the end of our holidays, we kept in mind that we would need a hotel again in Koh Samui. We had the most pleasant stay here. The location was perfect, the personnel of the hotel ever so kind, not overly present, but helpful and understanding. The food was very good and the drinks (pineapple & mango juice) were of extreme quality! The first night we were accommodated in a standard room even though we had booked a villa. But we got an upgrade for the other nights, which resulted in a very nice villa with beach view, on the pool side. Everything seems to work well in this hotel, the personnel speak English well and we really enjoyed our stay. So we didn’t hesitate when booking the last 2 nights of our holiday in this hotel again. We booked a standard room and when we arrived we got a very nice room on the ground floor, close to the pool, but quiet. We really felt welcome and didn’t like the fact that we had to leave. Long story short: the hotel has a very good location in Lamai, the rooms are spacious and well maintained, the personnel are very professional and kind. We really enjoyed our stay here and, if we would go back to Koh Samui, we would definitely book here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Naestved, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I am writing this review while we are stil staying here so that i wont forget anything.
We stay in villa N on the top floor. Not the best room at the resort but sufficient for our needs.
We have stayed in numerous 5 star hotels in both phuket and koh samui.
This hotel is really nice on all aspects. Roms are fine, very clean. Restaurant is small but cosy and beachfront. Service in restaurant is excellent and you can bring your own wine. At the restaurant i must recommend the waiter Tor for the best service. He could easily work at any 5 star restaurants that we have been to. ;-).
One night during our stay we went to Beach republich to join the samui fine dinner festival. This you absolutely must try if you are in the area. A full dinner include Wine is 3500 bath pr person but worth any bath of it. You even get a complimentary taxi back to your hotel. 1. Class service in every minute of the evening.
Back to thai house. Cant say anything bad about it. Just go there and enjoy a 3 Star hotel with a 5 Star service.
Hope to be back sometime.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We spent 8 nights in this hotel. I can tell you tht you would definitely get what you pay. Service and cleanliness are perfect. Even the curtains are ironed. The ropms are old but ver comfortable.

The location is very good for swiming. You can always hire a cab (about 300THB ~10$) to go to other side of the island.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Thai House Beach Resort? Share your experiences!