Booked through Kuoni UK and was recommended this hotel!! Absolutely lovely hotel! It is located about 30 minutes from the airport and about 5 minutes taxi from Lamai.
Beautiful rooms, housekeeping do a great job. I was greeted with a lovely birthday cake as I arrived on my 24th birthday!
There is a hot breakfast offered that is a la carte which is fab for a 4*. Cereal, pastries, fruit etc is also available. The lunch menu is great, you're looking at about 300 baht for a snack style meal - burger/sandwiches etc. Didn't try the dinner menu as we went out but it looked good.
It is 200 baht fixed price to get to Lamai centre and there is a free shuttle bus about 3 times a day, last one at 5pm. It is 500 baht fixed price to Choweng. All the taxi drivers know and agree to these prices.
You can't just walk from the resort because of a sharp bed in the road but a taxi being the equivalent of £4 to get to Lamai doesn't break the bank. There's loads of shops, bars, spas and restaurants here.
Happy hour is between 5.30-6.30pm and you can mix the drinks which is fab!! Always enough sun loungers for everyone, complimentary water around the pool and in the rooms. Complimentary wifi all around the hotel.
All the hotel staff went above and beyond to help us organise things such as a boat over to Koh Phangan and even helped our friend who wasn't staying in the hotel. Everyone was pleasant and friendly and couldn't do enough for us.
The reservations manager Lucas was always checking we were ok at breakfast - really nice touch! Boat who worked on the bar was a fab waiter and all the girls that worked on reception were lovely and helpful!!
The night we arrived there was a free cocktail hour to meet the hotel management which was great and then another night there was a Cabaret show!
I wouldn't stay here if you were a massive beachy person (this didn't bother me at all) but the beach rocky and small (hence the name) but there is a small cove with sun loungers and the sea is clean and swimable and there are kayaks to take out. The massages on the tent overlooking the beach are a must!!
**Please be aware of the 10% service charge and 7% tax on top of the menu prices** not anything massive and it is at the bottom of the menu but we were caught out a little - we may have had one too many drinks mind ;)
Overall fantastic hotel, typical Thai style and I really don't have anything negative to stay about it. Oh also I was travelling with a friend and we felt totally comfortable - it wasn't too "coupley" there was a real range of people there from all over the world which was lovely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocky's is a stunning boutique resort set in a secluded cove south of Lamai Beach, Koh Samui. With only 47 rooms and 3 pool villas, an award winning fine dining restaurant, a poolside bistro and two free-form swimming pools, Rocky's is the perfect place for a relaxing, romantic holiday. Rocky's emphasizes warm, personal service, attention to detail, and a relaxed family atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Rocky's Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky`s Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rockys Boutique Hotel
- Rockys Boutique Koh Samui
- Rocky's Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach