My husband, 2 1/2 year old daughter and I stayed here for one week just before Christmas. This resort truly deserves the excellent reviews given, and I am baffled by the negative ones (most of them are older, so I think that a lot has changed recently). From the moment we arrived in Ko Samui, we felt like we were on a dream holiday, starting with the pick up service from the hotel, complete with cold towels and water. We got a garden deluxe pool view room on the ground floor (ground floor per our request) which was perfect as our daughter spent hours each day in the pristine, big garden pool. The pool is interesting, with different depths for children, babies and toddlers and is surrounded by beautifully managed gardens. The pool bar and Bistro restaurant are excellent - wonderful cocktails and great food. Personally, I thought staying at the garden pool was better than near the beach, as the sea isn't so great for swimming in at the resort, and the lower pool not as nice as the upper (garden) one.
The staff is great. I didn't encounter any negativity and smiles and greetings freely given. Yes, some don't speak much English but I didn't feel this was ever an issue for us. Everyone worked really hard to make our stay pleasant, and the resort functions like a well oiled machine. Everything is well planned and tastefully executed, from the nightly events and meals, to the gorgeous local artwork and furnishings.
Breakfasts are wonderful - recommend the eggs Florentine as a previous poster had too. I ate them nearly every day, probably gained about 5kgs during our stay here!! I also took a cooking class with one of the sous chefs, highly recommended! It was a lot of fun, but be prepared to eat a LOT if you do one!!
We ventured out a lot, thanks to the help of Mira and others who booked and recommended various places - Paradise Park great for kids, elephant trek at the waterfall was fun, and the day trip on Josephine, the hotel boat, was perfect.
I don't often want to revisit places, but I would come back here in a heartbeat. I felt like there was a huge amount left for us to do, but Ko Tao now calls!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocky's is a stunning boutique resort set in a secluded cove south of Lamai Beach, Koh Samui. With only 47 rooms and 3 pool villas, an award winning fine dining restaurant, a poolside bistro and two free-form swimming pools, Rocky's is the perfect place for a relaxing, romantic holiday. Rocky's emphasizes warm, personal service, attention to detail, and a relaxed family atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Rocky's Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky`s Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rockys Boutique Hotel
- Rockys Boutique Koh Samui
- Rocky's Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach