“Awesome place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Weekender Resort & Hotel

Save Saved
You added Weekender Resort & Hotel to your Saves list
Weekender Resort & Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   124/19 Moo 3, Lamai Beach, Maret, Ko Samui 84310, Thailand   |
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Lamai Beach
“Awesome place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Myself and friend stayed here for 3 night, the staff were nothing but helpful and kind. Even sorted my friend massive bag for 3 day whilst we went to koh phangan. The rooms are clean , we stay in the back packers room which is what u get on the tin basic but clean , cool and comfy. We also stay in another room which was more expensive but as we needed to extend last minute they gave us for the same price! Which was lovely air con tv and even more comfy! Good location as u can walk to the centre easily but are out enough not to have the noise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Ko Samui, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Rude, slow staff, don t expect that will say anybody hello when you come on breakfast.
Terrible breakfast, not enought food, you should push staff....
Clean rooms, very good people who clean rooms, location o.k.
Resort was before 10 years probably very good, but now day by day more and more terrible.
In room there is not possible to mixed hot and cold water in normal proportion, water in shower is too hot or too cold.
On the beach you will fight for sunbads, shadow, umbrelas with others, if you won t up before 6 in the morning, staff will make joke from you when they looking you to find where to go on beach.
I think the problem is managment and owner of resort... people will do whatever managment will tell them----
But resort is full, thanks to russian turists, who are not so complicated, like us in Europe, we still probably have higher standards.
Pools are dirty, you will see sea wit on the surface. After four afternoon there is happy hour with
terrible techno-trans music. Every normal people run away from the beach in rooms....we try to push staff to change music, but no way...3 hours of crazy music.
On wifi you can forget....I bought their 1 week unlimited acces, but you should know, it works only 3 meter around reception. Signal is poor even there !!!!
Forget on wi-fi on beach, bar, in your room, like it is in other resorts around Weekender resort, just a few meters away on the same beach, and in other hotels WHO HAVE ONLY two or three
* is for FREE !!!!
Towels, sheets in room are old, dirty and you should change in 4 stars hotel ....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I agree w eavj. The place is dark, dingy, tacky decor, and the walls are paper thin. The king bed is only a queen and its rock hard. The tiled shower is old and decaying. We checked in on the 30 of dec and there was a ,mandatory nye gala for 3800 Bhat a person. The staff were rude and don't have the customary warm welcome of Thai people. We cancelled our 4 night stay bc we didn't like the hotel and we refused to pay 3800 Bhat.
We booked into fair house and got the warm welcome and fan static room we were looking for.
The beach and looked for the weekender looked alright but I didn't get the chance to hangout there.

Room Tip: Expect bad service.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is ranked as a three star going on four stars. It is far from reality. The hotel is a three star if you look at the pool but the fact that it is really understaffed makes it not worth the money. We have now spent five nights and are leaving one night earlier than planned because of the lack of service. Hotel rooms are not cleaned before two or three in the afternoon if you do not remind the reception. After the heavy rain the other day, the beach in front of Weekender were still late afternoon extremely dirty and filthy when the other neighboring hotels had already cleaned up the beach in front of their hotels. The breakfast buffet is a laugh. All guests are fighting to get to the food when the staff comes with occassional refills of fruit, bread or even juice. The worse however was the mandatory New Year´s Eve buffet dinner where some dressed-up guests had to sit outside in the rain with dinner tickets they had to pay 130 USD for each. The poor staff are working day and night and are always short of providing the service the hotel is paid for. Stay away from Weekender or come with the expectation of a two star hotel and you might like it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This place is horrible and overpriced. The rooms are dark. They are really really filthy. They are in horrible disrepair. I wouldn't stay there even if it was one-tenth the price. Like everyone else who says this place is horrible, I booked ahead over the internet. And then they've got you.. and they won't refund you for you're stuck. Stay away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the weekender for 4 nights in October 2012.
The Weekender has many room types from very budget to upper class. We stayed in a Deluxe room. There are big, beautiful and clean. There is a large building at the back of the resort right near the road where the standard rooms are these were all getting a make over with a lot of building work going on at this block.
The Deluxe rooms over look the pool area and the beach. There is 1 big pool and 2 smaller spa type pools below it. They are beautiful and over look the beach.
As we visited in Low season they didnt have the full buffet breakfast every morning, we were able to order off a small list what we wanted. But breakfast was enough to start the day.
The grounds and garden is very well kept and clean.The staff were very helpfull and Nide arranged our transfers to Koh Phangan and we were picked up at the hotel and taken straight to the pier for our boat all tickets etc all arranged and I could not have done it any cheaper myself so it saved me a lot of time. So well done Nide it all went really smooth.
The hotel is in the perfect position in Lamai, there are so many shops and restaurants surrounding it that you never have to eat at the hotel if you dont want. There are night food stalls set up just a short walk from the hotel and they are amazing. The best and cheapest food we ate whilst in Samui. Make sure you eat there, you wont be let down.
Lamai is nice and quite compared to Chaweng its perfect for a relaxing holiday.Would stay here again if in Lamai.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Was on a short trip and I chose The Weekender from the price per night, which was 2.400.

Some times I come across hotel staff that are, apart from having zero training in hospitality and service, so indifferent, arrogant and without any care at all for the guests. This is one of those places. I have been to hotels before, wanting to check in but walked out for the exact same as described. This time it was prepaid and it was a short trip.

I wanted Wifi which they provided for a daily or weekly fee but as I was about to pay for it, the 2 girls told me that some times it works and some times it doesnt work. Replied that if it didnt work, surely I would get my money back. But nono, as usual in Thailand, every where they push responsibility to someone else, this time the internet provider. So even if I pay at the reception, no refund it it doenst work. Thats is just NOT in any way acceptable !!

I needed access so bought a 1day pass at 100 baht. And guess what, it was of course an on/off
connection. What a catastrophe of a chosen internet provider !!

Then they say I can go to the lobby if I want to use internet cause there they know it works well. Asking if they thought I would sit in a lobby, with papers, notes and all, while being disturbed by all sorts of noise, the answer was.....'up to you'. Up to me !?!? This kind of stupidity and complete lack of feel for the situation can get me in the red and front desk personel like this can kill a hotel. I have seen that happen before.

Back to the stay itself.
Room was a Superior Classic which I believe are newer rooms than the Standard and Thai House, about halfway between the beach and the main road. Room was spacy enough, it had what a room needs with coffeetable, fridge, safe etc.

Bathroom was fine but with the shower in the tub, which I dont like. Either give me a showercabin and nothing else or the showercabin and a separate tub. Not 2-in-1.

Bed was nice and we slept like babies in a completely noise-free environment for the duration of the stay. Just the way I like it.

When entering the room on 2nd floor, stairs to this separate building are next to the parking lot which means not having to go thru the reception, not having to see those incompetent girls.

We didnt eat breakfast or any other meal at the hotel. Didnt spend a single baht which the hotel management can thank the front desk girls for.

All in all it was a very quiet and undisturbed stay. Room was actually better than I expected and the price taken into consideration (I have seen later that same room was up to 3.500baht/night) coupled with no interference and noise of any kind, I would have given this a very solid 4-star. Front desk takes away 1 big star.

Location is as good as it can be in Lamai. Walking distance to everything and with several 24hr convenience stores within 200 yards.

I would not shy away from staying here again for the same price I paid, if other options elsewhere were sold out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Weekender Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!