“I very nice little resturant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Eastbourne
“I very nice little resturant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We visited Romantic Bamboo based on the Tripadviser reviews and we were not disappointed. We turned up without reservation and were told we may have to wait 30min, which was fine. We had Thai and it was very good, probably one of the best since arriving. The wine was also very drinkable and reasonably priced, which is very unusual in Thailand. The Tiramisu we had for desert was outstanding. I understand it has only been open about 9 months, therefore I wish the owner every success.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect combination of Thai hospitality and Italian passion for food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This small restaurant is simply brilliant. We ordered a selection of dishes to share and each one was absolutely delicious. I wish I had discovered this restaurant when I first arrived…I would've eaten here ever night!!
Another positive is that they do not have a menu with hundreds of dishes. Instead they offer a handful of dishes made perfectly….big thumbs up for me!!
Tip 1: Order the Dry Curry…amazing!!
Tip 2: The restaurant is small (seats about 25/30), so call and book in advance to avoid disappointment.

Looking forward to returning tonight and trying a few more of their dishes!!!

• Visited March 2014
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Wonderful place that we won't forget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was the best dining experience we had in Thailand, which is saying a LOT because the food everywhere was amazing. Without going into every detail, let me just say that the owners are fantastic-- they cook up some delicious Thai/Italian food and the service is spectacular. It is really a special place because of the small size and ambiance. The owner Michel, who served all the tables, gave great recommendations for food and was so friendly. His wife cooks all of the dishes and I was really impressed that she cooks 2 very different types of cuisines, and both are spectacular. Of the 2 times we went, we tasted several different dishes, including: fried red snapper (my favorite, SO yummy!, spaghetti with garlic and Thai chilies (my husband's favorite), fried rice, and their homemade cheese raviolis. Everything was delicious, I would highly recommend tasting some Thai AND Italian specialties while you are there. On the second night we also tasted the house made gelato- loved the chocolate!

I would recommend making a reservation also, since the place only has a few tables. If you get there early or have to wait, there is a cool little bar next door to grab a few drinks.

xoxo Jenny ("Barbara") and Cole

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely little place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and i hired a motorbike to go here on the recommendation of some people we met the day before. We were not disappointed at all.
Fantastic little restaurant with the friendliest people running it.
We were there for lunch so it was quiet enough but that doesnt take away form this place.
I highly recommend a visit here when in Koh Samui

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, great host, and brilliant value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Michele and his wife run a top notch restaurant. He is an excellent host and the food was the best we had by a country mile during our stay in the Lamai area. If you get a chance then make sure you go, far better than any place on the strip. Make sure you book though as he gets busy and has limited space - part of the appeal I reckon in the personalisation of it all. We're foodies that live in central London and cannot recommend it highly enough.

Visited March 2014