... no Mango and Sticky rice.
We stayed here for three nights and did not want to leave. On arrival we were offered an upgrade to a villa for a discount and I'm glad we took this. Villas are ideal for small families or couples seeking a room with their own private courtyard with its own outdoor jacuzzi and two sunloungers. We were a five minute walk from the beach (if you dawdled) and the two restaurants. The staff were friendly and keen to ensure you had a pleasant and enjoyable time. The staff ensured we had plenty of bottled water for our son and asked each day if we needed anything for him. As previous reviews note the little touches like insect repellent in your room were welcome. Reception were helpful in arranging day trips with local taxi firms.
Why then only four stars? Firstly each night we ordered room service and asked for the Thai classic Mango and sticky rice. Each night we were told that it was not available. But when we went walking round the nearby market they was plenty of mangos on sale. We asked for a travel cot for our son which was delivered on time and set up for us. The cot had an insect netting round the side, which was defeated by a hole the size of a 50p piece. The hotel also supplied an insect net (which also had holes in it) so we used this to cover the side and our own travel insect net to cover the top of the cot.
These two 'minor' issue do not warrant a 4 out of 5. More a 4.7, but I cannot award this so 4 out of 5 it is. I will be recommending the Renaissance to all my friends who are looking for somewhere to stay on Koh Samui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa is the perfect place for a vacation getaway, destination wedding or executive retreat where you can escape to your own seaside villa with private pool, blending the luxury of the world's best spa resort with the intimacy of a secluded island village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Koh Samui Renaissance
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach