I booked this hotel for a family holiday. We chose two Sea view bedroom suites and asked via email to make sure that the two rooms would be together.
When we arrived we were told that the two rooms were at different floors. :-(
We were "offered" an upgrade to a 2 bedrooms villa that at this stage we had no choice to take for a discounted supplement of 4000 TB (100€ or $120) per day!!!
The villa is amazing but I find the process inelegant. They had plenty of time to contact us before departure and tell us about the rooms not being together. At the final price we're now paying we would have probably chosen a different ressort like the Silavadee.
Now concerning the hotel, front beach villas are great but avoid anything else. The Sea view Suites are in a building located far far away from the beach and heart of the ressort. You have to walk on a bridge above a street and feel in the suburb of everything. If you look down the balcony you would see technical amenities.... nothing glamourous, really.
First day we missed the breakfast (yes completely jet laged including the kids) and here again no commercial attention from the hotel staff.
A real pity because this hotel has everything to bring you a great experience but we're not yet there and trapping clients is never a good option for long term.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort
- Renaissance Koh Samui
- Koh Samui Renaissance
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa Lamai Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa is the perfect place for a vacation getaway, destination wedding or executive retreat where you can escape to your own seaside villa with private pool, blending the luxury of the world's best spa resort with the intimacy of a secluded island village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.