“Tasty food, friendly atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The KOB Thai restaurant is a genuine thai restaurant. We are located in a quiet place ,in the landscape , 600 meters from the center of lamai beach. 7 isolated salas for a private atmosphere , around a free swimming pool. Open from 12 am to 10.30 pm. Our menu is in 5 language ( thai , english , russian , french, german)
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
“Tasty food, friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went here one night for dinner on our honeymoon. At first I wasn't sure what to expect as it was dark and we hadn't been out of our resort. The owner came over and welcomed us, handing me insect repellent as I was worred about being eaten alive, turns out I was bitten a couple of times but they disappeared by the morning. Anyway the food was so tasty and prices were very reasonable. The owner and staff are very friendly and really made our visit here. I think it would be cool to go during the day as they have a small pool and deck chairs - a chilled out place for sure. Would go again, and would recommend for a local experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Thai first
Lamai Beach, Thailand
“Excellent crab and tasty steamed fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We enjoyed our meal of curried crab and steamed fish. Simple tasty food and friendly staff and owner. Recommended

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sud de la France
“Simple food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Simple food. I took noodle with soja sauce and the food was nothing special. The location and the table are very good. The ambiance is very nice

Visited July 2013
UK
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Wow, what amazing flavours. Everything appeared to be freshly made an was so, so tasty with great depth.

We went for the tasting menu, and taste we did. There was so much! The French owner (who was very nice) said that next week they are releasing an additional new tasting menu that is slightly smaller. I'm sure it will still have plenty on it!

We wanted the tasting menu to just try lots of different things we wouldn't normally try and it had a good assortment of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes.

I don't eat much meat and am very picky when I do (generally go veggie when abroad!), but I found the quality here to be excellent. My favourite dish was the cashew nut chicken, though the panko prawns and deep fried coconut ice cream were close seconds!

It's certainly been the best Thai food we've had since being here and we would definitely recommend. Lovely atmosphere.

Price was reasonably high, but just compared to the majority of beach side restaurants which aren't anything near as good. We paid approx £22 each for the tasting menu, and while this sounds quite a bit, you really do get value for money. Of course a la carte is much cheaper.

It's easy to find so if you're not sure just email for directions. The owner is very helpful and the staff were so friendly.

Thank you Kob Thai for a very enjoyable and memorable meal :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“taster menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I came here on the basis of other trip advisor reviews. It was my girlfriends birthday and I wanted to treat her to something nice. We weren't disappointed!
We made a reservation by email which was easy. We were greeted on arrival by happy, chatty staff, it seemed to be a family run establishment. The setting was lovely, with tables spread apart giving every table space and privacy. We knew what we wanted before we arrived - the tasting plate. I ordered a young coconut juice which was amazing - so sweet and nutty.
The food arrived quickly and was certainly plentiful. There was no question as to the quality of the meat it was succulent and tender. The thai fragrance was infused into each and every dish, the aromas blew our mind. Chillies were in several dishes but were by no means hot and did not detract from the dish. The fish was cooked to perfection and fell apart, the soups were some of the best we ever had. Just when we thought we were about to get desert we got more mains! We were over faced, but you don't have to eat everything do you? Nb. we did! The desert came and was lovely - especially the coconut ice cream. The mango in the second desert was the only thing not to amaze on the menu.
The only things I would change from my experience would be the table size - our table was swamped with food and I'd like to see the food come a little slower as the desert came whilst still eating the mains.

It was also nice to see the chef get out of the kitchen and able to get the accolaides she deserved.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere