“Looking more and more tired!” 2 of 5 stars

The Spa Resort
171/2 Moo 4, Lamai Beach, Maret, Ko Samui 84310, Thailand   |
Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Coffs
“Looking more and more tired!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have enjoyed this resort regularly over the last 10 years but sadly I am rethinking my future options. I have stayed at both the Village and the Beach but this review pertains to the Beach.
Rooms were quite dirty and showed a general lack of upkeep and repair. The staff have also lost motivation. The office staff can be occasionally caught in a happier mood - but that's not how it should be. The shop is rarely staffed and I had to try 4 times before I found someone attending. The massages are pretty average and many of us wandered along the road to find alternatives. The restaurant Radiance has always been a major drawcard. Whilst many of the amazing dishes remain amazing, the waiting staff are lethargic and a little sour looking. There are still 1 or 2 friendly faces on staff, but the energy and care seems to have gone out of others. the fact that this resort is for sale may be the reason for lack of upkeep and a positive attitude. PS. I moved to nearby accommodation after 2 days.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stay in spa resort village for 3 nights for my "juice it " program . The place is very quite during my stay . I think fewer than ten people stay there. I have read some reviews sharing their concerns about security issues , i am worried about the security at night as the place is very deserted at night. I move to another hotel next to spa beach after 3 nights.
The room is not very clean and quite dark. They did not clean my room and i have to tell them., they give me the answer as " we don't clean the room when there are people in the room " what a good excuse ! Since i am on detox , most of the time i am in the room!
In general the staff in the village are nice. But the staff in the beach are diffferent, they are not very patient when ask question and they like to giggle behind guest . I don't speak thai but i can feel it !
The management in this resort need to make some effort to improve their facilities as it is too old and does not look clean .
The Thai massage and the health food offered are excellent, good value for money and should not be missed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The place is just nice but for the price they offer you can get much better option on the island.
I think the worst aspect is about the staff in general ... They should provide more informations about the package but in my case the girl at the reception just looked very annoyed with my questions which I think we're more than legitimate, specially when you wanna go through your first cleanse experience.
I stayed at the village and truly it was a nightmare as everytime you have to wait for the shuttle which is always late and then would stop 2 or 3 times on the way to the beach for hotel commission ....
I also don't like the fact that staff would giggle at the back... I don't speak Thai but I know when someone is making fun.
In the end I spent abt 400 eur for 4 nights ... It was all about extra !! Overprice for what they offer !
Last but not least I had dead ants all over my room falling from the roof! They barely apologise for that ...

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Whilst Spa Samui is generally a nice resort and well maintained, we had a very bad experience.

Spa Samui is split into two sites, one on the beach and one inland in the jungle. We stayed at the jungle one and on our second night awoke to find someone in our room stealing our possessions. I chased the intruder out who ran off into the jungle. The staff were very slow to respond and not apologetic or overly concerned. They did get us another room and waved the fee for the accommodation but not the detox. We were also shocked to find another woman at the beach resort had possessions stolen from her room the very night before.

Whilst I understand this is a rare occasion, twice in one week at two separate resorts suggests that security is very lax here. This has had a big impact on my wife and is struggling to come to terms with what happened. Unless they review their security (not just a young man at the gate) I would not recommend either resort to anyone.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Although we weren't fasting we still enjoyed the calm atmosphere of the resort and the free filtered drinking water! We got the fan bungalow at a good discount but most of the accommodation isn't on the beach as the photos suggest, the bunglow we stayed in was up a steep hill. Although the rooms were cleaned every day there were still giant ants in our room, but this cant really be helped due to the bungalow being wooden and in the middle of the jungle. The shuttle bus every 30 minutes was very useful as otherwise it's a 20 minute walk into town. Very enjoyable experience all round.

• Stayed July 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Everything was perfect, room cleaned daily and free water whenever you please. Shuttle bus running to the main street every 30 minutes which is ideal! In the middle of the jungle so ants + geckos etc are expected but we didn't find it too much of a problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Byblos, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The spa resorts was recommended by a friend, the use of simplicity and existing nature plays a huge role on our vacation target whether it is for detox or to unwind, the staff represent the exact aspect of Kho samui's spirit.that is why u arrive as the same you yet u leave with a better you. We did the 5 days juices detox and we enjoyed every bit of it , from meditation to yoga classes so good massage sessions, the restaurant food is one if the best in the island. A kind care from everyone thank u to our lovely waitress nok and Duan they r so lovely. The location to the spa is close to most of the island attractions. I would defintly recommends the spa resorts to all the people for the Added value to the money spent is far more than expected. So give it a try . Meet me if u want next year in may again because I can't wait to go again and live the dream . See you guys

• Stayed May 2013

Been to The Spa Resort? Share your experiences!