“A fasting retreat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 49 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Ko Samui, Thailand
“A fasting retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a little oasis in amongst the newness of samui. The spa resort offers a fasting programme that is still unparalleled on the island. The staff are lovely and although many people come here not to eat, the restaurant is still one of the best on the island and very affordable. This icon of Lamai beach is loved by locals and travellers alike and is still a great place to meet new people.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Lovely place. Wanted to go here ever since reading this article in The Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2002/mar/09/restandrelaxation.shopping

Found the resort to be pleasant though the busy road meant that traffic noise was a problem the first time I stayed as my room was on the roadside. I loved the quiet atmosphere within the resort and enjoyed the 7 day fasting programme so much I went back again a second time to do it. The juices are fresh and delicious and the restaurant is fantastic when you are not fasting too.

Great massage available as well as daily free meditation and yoga classes at a charge of 300 baht. Also nice steam room to help with the cleansing. Chemical free pool also on the grounds.

The beach is not fantastic but it's definitely OK. I will return.

Room Tip: Stay in the A-frames and avoid the rooms that back onto the roadside - they are noisy.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

OK, so a first for me. Detox! I did the "Change My Life" 7 day detox program. Every day I went to a guided meditation, yoga, massage, and sauna. I also drank the shakes, took the supplements, and put 17 liters of coffee water up my bum twice a day. Haha! It was interesting. I met the most amazing people who were doing the exact same thing and we had a lovely time together laughing, laying by the pool and watching movies in the evenings. :) We all bonded and had the best time. I was not hungry at all, but of course by day 8 when I could eat, I honestly could not get enough food. Plus there is this amazing restaurant and I wanted to try all the food. WHEN I go back, I will stay longer before and after the fast to enjoy the restaurant. I also took Graeme's class on Nutrition and really learned a lot. I think if you are going to go here you need to try everything! I also did the "Releasing" with Wayne and have to say it was a very unique experience that I really think helped me a lot. Try it!! I went to "Change My Life" so I tried everything and did a mind, body, spirit cleanse. I think it also helped that I stayed off the computer and phone the whole time too. It did change my life and I will go back. 5 stars...at least!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in a regular room and it was fine. The A frames were really nice too. Either one!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Spa Resort? Share your experiences!