“Great hotel to relax” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa

You added Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   146/24 Moo 4, Lamai Beach, Maret, Ko Samui 84310, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
SAVE 50% PER NIGHT
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Lamai Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great hotel to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is about 30 minutes from the airport, and 10 minutes from nearest town.
The hotel is very unique with a very comfortable bed, your shared private pool, and a bathroom that was very unique. The pool and ocean is clean and great for swimming.
However as a solo traveller, I would not recommend this hotel. It is set up for a romantic couple retreat. I got asked too many times are you by yourself, as this was not normal for the staff.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is a great hotel. Not too big, not too small, nicely finished, great beach, facilities, food, brilliant staff and a great General Manager - Ms. Tina.

Have stayed in literally hundreds of good hotels around the world and I would rank the stay at this one as good as any, anywhere. This was my second annual visit.

Can't think of a single thing that was not spot on, and the Thai team and Tina could not do enough for us while we were there - Thai hospitality at its very best under the watchful eye and hands on approach of a super GM. Yes, we will back before you ask :-) J & L

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

After my first memorable stay 12 months ago, I decided to return for a quick visit and only wish I had decided to stay longer. The welcome I received made me feel like I had returned home, and the tranquility of the lobby area had a nice calming effect. This was just what I needed after becoming slightly exasperated (again) at the lack of signage leading to the hotel and the obscurity of the driveway/guest car park. I was upgraded to a plunge pool suite (same room type as last time) and made the most of the ample space this suite provided. My only criticism of this room concerns the verandah and lack of privacy when night falls and indoor lights are switched on. The thin, see-though curtains and outside shrubbery do their job during the day. However, the absence of any form of blinds or drapes on the front windows means little privacy at night.The beach is unimpressive, but that means there are few people around and little noise. It is okay for strolling or jogging, but any swimming should be done in the the amazing infinity pool, overlooking the beach. It's an oasis surrounded by frangipani trees and single and double day beds. Starting the day with the breakfast on offer is always a pleasure, but it's the 'eye-openers' that I can't resist. I can't think of a better way to start my day.

Room Tip: Despite the lack of privacy in the verandah at night, the drapes in the bedroom provide the utmost o...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I travelled to Le Meridien solo last month and had an amazing experience. This month I went again with a partner and it delivered yet again!

Rooms are very clean big and well appointed. Staff is the friendliest I've ever met (especially Fah who remembered me from last time and greeted me by name! A huge wow!). Pool is amazing, food is great! Free shuttle at night to local spots. The only issue I had was that it was sold out one of the nights I wanted.

I will return again to this amazing hotel! Thank you for making my vacation amazing!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed for 6 days at this adorable boutique hotel at north end of Lamai. On a main road but once you enter over the little bridge & up the gorgeous stairs, w lights springing into action as you walk, at that point you won't hear any noise other than the sea. Rooms really really impressed me; furnishings, design and layout of my room was truly lovely. I was upgraded due to foot injury(had booked terrace room which was upstairs so hotel v kindly upgraded me) anyway, I was shown a plunge pool room which I declined as was a little too romantic for me traveling alone! I think anyone looking for a romantic getaway or maybe to reconnect would absolutely love this room, vvv romantic. I chose shared pool room which has a large outdoor sala w couch and direct access to the pool. Inside the room is a bit of a small bedroom but very large bathroom w sunken bath, huge shower and double sinks. This part of the room is not air conditioned, sort of outside but very safe & screened in so you never see insects or creepy crawlies. My bed was fantastic ...vvv comfortable, huge w great pillows and linens...I fell asleep every night almost as soon as I hit the pillow. Only thing that I'd hope they change is tv, it has few channels, bad sound and doesn't hv the sleep button working, a small thing as room is one of the nicest I've seen and I wish I could buy the bed cover, curtains & bed! Hotel has 77 rooms yet lots of space w beautiful gardens etc so you never feel crowded w plenty of places to hang out. In any case most of the other guests were really great & a v friendly atmosphere throughout the day especially around the pool. I really liked the bar at the top near reception, lovely seating, great tapas and cocktails. Breakfast lunch & dinner all outstanding and every time I ate in the restaurant I swear the food was fabulous. In my month in Thailand it was hands down the most consistently good food except the croissants cld be improved! It's hard to fault this hotel, even the day beds by the pool are super super comfortable. The beach isn't the best but they happily recommend others or have a shuttle to a nearby beach. A lot has been written about Tina the General Manager and I see why, she is probably the most impressive hands on and attentive boss that I've seen in any hotel. There every day chatting to her guests, and seamlessly runs the entire operation motivating all her staff to welcome their guests to the little oasis that is the Meridien and you can see she has instilled in them her passion for making this a very special hotel. I would definitely go back.

I forgot to mention the spa, I had a foot then head massage and it was so good I did konk out, the spa itself is beautiful and hard to believe how big it is once you go downstairs it's quite a lovely spot.

All in all a great place to stay for total relaxation

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed here for five days it was bliss, the staff are so nice one I would like to give a special mention to is Nuning she was a ball of energy and so much fun. The roos was top quality I loved the breakfast buffet. The bedroom are so unique I have never stayed in anything like them before. In the evening you get to make a wish and light lanterns such a special touch.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here as a couple 16-20 november. Would definitely stay here again.
Service: Very impressed by front desk staff: friendly, practical advice and efficient. (Nittaya and Anthony, thank you) Room service was prompt and courteous.
Dining/Bars: Restaurant served good quality traditional Thai fare: reasonable hotel prices. Happy hour was 4-6pm by the pool and 6-8pm and the cocktails were well above expected for happy hour hotel cocktails. Thailand is not the destination for vino so best to stick to spirits in Koh Samui to avoid disappointment and overpaying for quality. Breakfast buffet was excellent: catered for all nationalities.
Room: Pavillion Pool Villa: A/C worked brilliantly; bed and pillows very comfortable; biggest downside was having to go outdoors to access the bathroom and shower; pool was clean; adequate sunshine; would probably try the ocean pool villa next time.
Activities: cooking lessons (we did not try); Thai boxing (great exercise and loads of fun with P); highly recommend private yoga lesson with Pan.
Spa: Clean, good technique, prices comparable to other large scale hotels
Gym: well fitted with weights and cardio equipment; working A/C
Internet: Complimentary. Slower/more intermittent than some other hotel villas we have stayed. However, still able to get work done.

Overall, cant agree with the negative reviews about poor service as we have stayed in Thailand many times before and found the staff here both friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Hotel infinity pool is so good you could go without a private pool but we would probably try an ocea...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!