Koh Samui was our first stop on our first trip to Thailand and we stayed at the Le Meridian for 3 nights. I almost always stay at SPG hotels as my first choice and am writing this review from our second stop in Krabi where we are staying at the Sheraton. There is such a huge difference between these hotels.
Everything at the Le Meridian was far superior. Location was in a quiet area right in between the busy busy Chaweng and Lamai areas. A 400 baht taxi will get you to Chaweng and 200 baht to Lamai. They had free one way shuttles to both areas which was convenient.
The staff need special mention. They were smart and extremely friendly. The staff at the reception, at the restaurant and at the bar were polite and always had a smile on. One of the good things I noticed was how well they worked as a team. If one of them had difficulty communicating in English, like at the restaurant, there was always someone who would step up and help us out.
We had a veranda suite which had a nice sit out area with a comfortable couch where we had breakfast every morning. The bedroom itself was a little tight. It had an open roof bathroom which was a first for us but really liked it.
The restaurant had good Thai food options amongst others.
One of the evenings they had a lantern lighting ceremony which was a nice touch.
One of the things I also liked was the lighting throughout the property. It always gave a warm cozy feel to it. They also had a pier where you can have dinner, which is a very romantic setting.
Even without comparing 2 properties, the Le Meridian, Koh Samui was fabulous. We definitely want to visit Koh Samui again and will with out a doubt stay at the Le Meridian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach