The resort is lovely, the grounds are excellent, in particular the gardens. It's the service that really saves the resort from a bad review. The staff are excellent and a credit.
We booked a terrace room. Save yourselves the money or spend some more. The room overlooks the pool access rooms (about 6 rooms that access the pool). Unfortunately not all the occupants are considerate about noise. We were woken at 2am one morning by a group of drunks in the pool. On our last two days several families checked in and again we had no peace and quiet. On our last evening (we had to get up early the go to the airport) we ended up having to get the manager down. The manager seemed reluctant to speak with the other guests about the noise and instead suggested we move rooms for the night and return in the morning to pack. The problem with this room type is the sound travels. I didn't mind so much the outside bathroom, however, ours was more like a sauna thanks to the exhaust from the neighboring rooms aircon blowing straight into it. Aside from this the rooms are very clean, housekeeping is lovely.
The pool area is great, a few things need to happen to make this a real experience. There were all of 7 umbrellas, so if you came late, you had no shade, perhaps they need to get some more. The service by the pool is lacking, plates and glasses rarely collected. I had to go looking for someone to order food and drinks several times.
Whilst on food and drinks,this resort is extremely expensive for both. We were paying 220 baht for a beer. They also charge for water. I did tell the hotel this on checking out. I was told they charge these prices as they are 5 star? Due to the expensive food and drinks we went out most nights and ate another 5 star hotels, 110 baht for a beer. As a reslt of going elsewhere we have found some great resorts for future stays.
Taxis are available outside the resort, be warned, they charge ridiculous prices and won't negotiate. We spent a small fortune getting to places on the island. Unless you can ride a bike or rent a car be prepared to pay top $ to travel. The resort has a shuttle service which is great, but daily services to chaweng with a return service would be helpful.
The spa is awesome, but again, it took 3 attempts to even get a booking. You need to book in advance (sometimes on holiday this isn't how your mind works). If you stay here, definitely go to the spa.
We had a private dinner on the pier which was awesome, well recommended, the food was great and the service excellent. It would be nice if the resort prevented non-guests from using the pier or atleast monitored behavior of visitors. We were forced to endure three young teenagers carrying on while they used the end of the pier to smoke (so their parents couldn't see).
Overall we had 9 relaxing days at the resort. It truly is the service that makes the place worth visiting. A few tweaks may make it a better experience, in particular, lowering the price of the food and drinks.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.