We checked into the Meridien in Koh Samui for a 5 night stay (April '12). Upon arrival we were upgraded to a pool room which was fantastic and would recommend to anyone looking to book this resort.
The resort itself is compact and cute and staff are very attentive for which we would like to express our sincere thanks.
Its a great place for couples not so much for families who have kids over 6 years as there seem to be very few activities for kids.
We really liked the resort however the beach is disappointing as the water is rather murky and very shallow with sharp rocks and other objects on the seabed. If you are not so bothered about swimming in the ocean then this is a great place to stay in Samui.
In terms of recommendations for the management of the hotel, we have two suggestions:-
1. As per other guests feedback, the juices at breakfast taste completely artificial, you could do with having fresh juice for breakfast.
2. The open air bathroom is great but you get eaten alive by mosquitos, you should consider putting mesh screens so you can still keep the open air feel of the place but keep out the mosqutios.
Overall this is a great resort and very peaceful and relaxing and would reccomend provided you dont have high expectations of beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach