“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa

You added Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   146/24 Moo 4, Lamai Beach, Maret, Ko Samui 84310, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This resort is simply a brilliant place. We stayed in a pool access suite and our room was fantastic. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and I loved having the pool right on our doorstep, it was a difficult choice between the main pool and our private pool. The hotel grounds were beautifully maintained and the staff amazingly helpful one of the restaurant staff even managed to email me a recipe for something that I really enjoyed at breakfast. All in all Le Meridan was a fantastic experience, definitely one of the best places I've stayed.

Room Tip: We loved our pool access suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Le_Meridien_Koh_Samu, General Manager at Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear JohnMc66,

We are glad to learn that you enjoyed the features of our Pool Access Suite and the convenience it provided with a semi-private pool. To have an option between the main pool and the one around your room will ensure that you never miss a refreshing swim! It is also good to know that you rested well in our beds which most guests do tend to compliment often.

We hope that you will enjoy the recipe given, either in its authentic form or perhaps with an international twist which I am sure you will re-create beautifully. If the latter case, we would love to get your recipe back as well!

Tina Liu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Seriously, we were apprehensive reading the bad reviews to stay here. They were SO wrong. We had a pool access suite and the most comfortable bed ever. We did have a problem with the power but it was fixed ASAP. Service was impeccable and we waited for nothing. It is the most relaxing experience I have had in a long while. We will be back.

Stayed April 2012
Le_Meridien_Koh_Samu, General Manager at Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear AMcLeay,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the Pool Access Suite and rested well during your stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your postive experience.

We apologize for any inconvienience caused by the power issue although it is good to know that our team promptly addressed this.

Please do come and visit us again as mentioned. We thank you for your support and look forward to welcoming you back!

dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We've just come back from here and I feel compelled to write because of some of the mixed reviews.
I know the management changed hands a few months ago and as a result the service can be a bit inconsistent, but the staff are so lovely we found it impossible to get upset and any issues we had were too trivial to worry about. There was an initial mix up with our room, we had booked the Pavilion pool villa but on arrival were told we had been double booked at least for the first night. KK , the duty manager was really helpful and incredibly apologetic and promised to anything she could to find a solution we would be happy with and we were offered 2 x pool access rooms as an alternative. Unfortunately because we were travelling with 2 small children and they weren't adjoining rooms this wasn't and option but we were moved into the pool villa the following morning and we didn't have to pay the supplement for the children for the entire stay, which seemed more than generous. The hotel is really well maintained, the Pavilion Pool Villa is beautiful and although the position of the toilet being rather exposed and at the opposite end of the pool seemed a little odd, we loved it.
We were so comfortable staying here that 10 minutes before our taxi was due to take us to the airport we decided to stay a few more days and moved our flights.
Thanks to Tina, KK and all the staff for making our trip nothing short of perfect.

Room Tip: There's an amazing private Spa right next door to the Hotel that charges around 400 Baht for a 6...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear mattfaddy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to have your family with us and we were very excited that you felt comfortable and relaxed enough to have extended your stay at the very last minute! Love the spontaneity!

We appreciate your understanding about the first night on arrival and are glad that the rest of your stay in the Pavilion Pool Villa turned out well. Please do come back for future visits... we accept last minute bookings too!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I tried to refrain from writing this review but find that I have no other choice. I am current towards the end of my stay here at the Le Meridien Koh Samui. I booked this as an easter weekend vacation / engagement present.

This has been literally the worst experience I've EVER had and I am regretting ever doing this. I keep trying to talk myself back down from the ledge but cann't justify it.

This started off from day 1 when we checked in. We were "uprgaded" to a pool access room - that room looked great but upon further inspection

1) Toilet had plumbing issues and the entire bathroom smelled like stale urine
2) The sheets were dusty and unclean
3) Laundry bag was used
4) Other aspects of the room was unclean.

It was clear that this room was made up in a hurry. We called and after not hearing back for an hour, called our travel agent. I was so mad that I wanted to just leave and pay the penalty.

Finally, KK the manager came to see us and offered to make it better. A nice gentlemen showed us a terrace suite and a plunge pool suite (what I originally booked) and it was quite nice so we took that.

We were quite happy with the room and called it an early first night. KK then called to inform us that she planned a free dinner for us the next day which was much appreciated as we spent 3 hours waiting to be moved etc. We thought the troubles were over.

The next day, a nice group of housekeepers made for us a present on our bed with flower petals, etc ( a mini statuette) on our bed and that was such a romantic gesture! The room was spotless and everything was great. Then came the problems

After we got home from dinner we found out that
1) The blanket / duvet had blood stains on it

2) After asking for it to be changed three times, someone came by to change it - we went for a walk while they did this and came back to find out they put a flat sheet on the bed and no blanket! (I assume this was a language issue) - after calling back they finally brought it to us

3) My pillow case had dark stains / cigarette burns on it (I didn't bother calling, just flipped it over since I didn't know how long it would take)

4) I asked for some ice and after 4 calls and 2 hours, I got sick of waiting and went to the restaurant to fetch some - this was for my ankle that was swollen

5) For the next 2 days, the room was never again made up as nicely as that 2nd day. The bucket with melted ice was left there for 3 days until i called and complained

6) The glasses in mini bar were dirty and the used glasses were not taken away until again I called

Overall, the room just felt "unclean" and we felt it was substandard the quality of the linens, etc

7) Worst of all, we had the noisiest neighbors and after multiple complaints, the management told us they apologized and will quiet down ... 30 minutes later - they do it again. This happened every night until well into 1am where the guests would MOVE FURNITURE and make such a raucus. I called as I am writing this and no one at the front desk picked up to the point where I walked to the front desk adn complained. It is 1:11AM.

The manager KK was a rockstar in crisis mitigation and I think she was extremely busy and did what she could. I think this is a smaller property than most others I've been to and the staff is very very nice but just not trained well enough or just new.

In any case, I tried so hard to recognize the team for their hard work but at the end of the day, for the amount of money we paid to stay here, this was just flat out unacceptable. I've never felt so unrelaxed and annoyed (to the point where I was afraid to complain again because I'd just come off as annoying - we started doing alot of the stuff ourselves)

We are not terribly picky travelers and just like things simple and this time, it was anything but simple. I can honestly say I will never come back to this hotel again.

We have one more night here so I hope to god I can just get some decent sleep because I had been looking forward to this holiday for 4 months and it was an engagement present that now seems ruined. I know this is not the 4 seasons but maybe I am crazy but I expected a bit more ...

Again, KK is a rockstar and she tried her best and I think the staff here really mean well but its just unfortunate that all this happened

Hope in the future, some changes can be reflected so that others do not go through this.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Le_Meridien_Koh_Samu, General Manager at Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Eric C,

We regret your stay at our resort upset you so much as to instigate a first review on Tripadvisor. It is unfortunate that while you rate the service and efforts of our associates as more favorable, a series of events just didn't seem to go well over your stay.

Hopefully after we made offline contact so that your points raised could be personally addressed, you are now assured of our commitment and care and will return to stay with us again in the near future.

HK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The interior decoration of the room is very special. It is spacious to relax in it. The semi-open area outside is great for you enjoy even under bad weather. However, the sun deck and restaurant area are too small and thus crowded.
Staff are willing to offer help but they seldom show their smiling faces in the resort unless needed. Anyway, I believe it is the problem of the quality of Samui people' services. I still prefer Phuket where the entire resorts are usually larger.

Room Tip: The cheapest one is fine enough. But the pool access would save your trouble in bad weather or find...
Dear keungkeung,

We regret to learn that you did not enjoy Koh Samui as much as Phuket. The islands do indeed have a different feel whereas Samui is much smaller and more intimate even though it is the 3rd largest island in Thailand. Phuket on the other hand is the largest island and more commercial so it depends on what a traveler is looking for.

The Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort and Spa has 77 rooms which is a typical size for the Samui resorts but unfortunately, you found it to be too small. While you were here, it was also a peak week with the Easter holidays so most hotels on the island were full and more crowded in general as noted. Staying in a Pool Access Suite does help with additional options as you experienced because you have your own semi-private pool and deck to use in addition to the main pools.

We apologize nonetheless for any inconvenience caused during your stay due to the lack of space that you were looking for. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and can certainly recommend dates that are not as busy as the Easter period. Hopefully, you will be able to relax better then.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

The airport pickup arranged by the hotel dropped us off at the main road which was a lousy first impression. The person helping with the checkin did not inform us of whether wifi and breakfast was included in the package till I prompted him. For an hour lights in the room kept switching on and off till they got us a replacement key card. The front desk number was busy for a long while. The pool area though beautiful, did not have covers off the loungers till we asked and the towels were not provided immediately. The buffet did not serve fresh orange juice and we had to pay for it separately. Mind you, this is DAY 1!

Room Tip: Away from the restaraunts. Too noisy.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Le_Meridien_Koh_Samu, General Manager at Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Dear Shayanhk,

We apologize for some of the shortcomings upon your arrival and first day at hotel along with the frustrations caused as a result. This is not indicative of our normal level of service and I’m sure some of the points raised could have been avoided with better communication from our associates. Please rest assured that your feedback is being addressed by our team and that we will make every effort for improvement. I know that our Front Office Manager, Krongkan tried to contact you during your stay and hopefully the remaining time at resort was more enjoyable.

As for the arrival, the layout and planning of hotel encourages guests to stroll in to our intimate village setting. The walkway as you may have noticed also exhibits artwork and poetry. This does differ from the traditional entrance right up to the lobby and we understand that it does not suit all preferences but hopefully, the access was found to be convenient for getting on and off property which many have also highlighted as a strength.

As valued guests we hope that you will consider returning for another visit if traveling to Koh Samui again. We will do our utmost to take better care of you and I am delighted to personally assist with any arrangements needed.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I ventured on my first trip to Thailand and Koh Samui in March 2012 - and really did not know what to expect, hearing many different opinions about Koh Samui and its resorts.
Without any recommendations, we decided to stay at Le Meridien Koh Samui, and it was the best decision of the holiday!
The resort is very luxurious, with many well spoken, professional, and helpful staff, beutiful facilities (entrance way / lobby, gardens, rooms, bar, restaurant, and most importantly pool)
Privacy:
One of the best features of the resort was that it wasnt overly large, meaning you felt you had high levels of privacy. This extended to the beach area, which was beautiful to swim in - and the private resort pier, which was monitored by a private resort security guard, to ensure only resort guests were using it.
Facilities:
The resort's infinity pool was fantastic, with beautiful views of Lamai beach, and the ocean was great to swim in (contrary to other reviews ive read, you CAN SWIM in the Lamai beach!!).. The private pier had sun lounges - for a unique experience (picture laying on a lounge bed on a floating pier, 50 metres out in a shallow ocean), as well as many sun lounges by the pool.
Room:
We stayed in a private plunge pool King bed room, and loved that it was an alternative to the ocean, and larger communal resort pool, for privacy and relaxation in the evening.
The outdoor shower was fine, no issues with incects or mosquitos.
The room it self was very nicely finished, with perfect air conditioning and seperate to the foyer (warmer) and outdoor bathroom, meaning it felt like a very large living space. Finally, the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable, and was promptly remade every day.
Restaurant:
We ate at the resort restaurant a few times, every morning for breakfast, and for lunch and dinner sometimes, and all three served lovely fresh and safe to eat food, accompdating to many preferences, including great home grown Thai food.
Bar:
The bar was great, by the pool and in the lobby area, both had happy hour(s) which made for some really cheap bargains.

In summary, we didnt want to leave this resort, and would recommend it to all of our friends. We were perfectly content in this resort, and had no need to venture out to other areas of Koh Samui, except to see some elephants, etc as the resort had everything we wanted.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Richozzz,

Thank you for the detailed review about your stay experience while here. It certainly sounds like you never left as mentioned and it is good to know that you were able to explore and take advantage of our service and facilities available. I am sure your insightful and detailed comments will be very helpful to others.

Please do visit us again when you are ready for another holiday!

Tina Liu

Been to Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!