Almost shaking as I write this on day 7 of 9 day stay. What a disappointment! Where do I start? We arrived at 9 pm to a less than warm check-in where my Platinum status was questioned, then doubted. I was asked to show card (new cards don't come out till March. Don't they know that?) Another staff member interceded and saw that I was indeed PLATINUM. We were shown to room (Verandah suite) which was so dark and small with no real balcony or view. We expressed our disappointment and they said hotel was full but they would try to upgrade us later in our stay. They would however comp breakfast. Next morning after finishing breakfast we were leaving when we got chased down with a bill. I said I was platinum but they insisted we sign the bill. Then I went to the front desk to ask for the manager who was SO sorry and full of promises to make it better. Never heard from her again or saw her. Not once did she check back to see if things had improved. So we tried to make the best of our dark depressing room.....unless we happened to be there between 5:15 and 6 every night when the cleaning staff showed up to do the room followed 15 minutes after finishing by the turn down service! Seriously? That's the ONLY time you really need want to be in the room. It is now 5:30 and we want to take a shower and relax but can't. Zero privacy. I guess they prioritize the large pool suites and do the bottom tier rooms last. Finally just the little things. They said we would get 2 free drinks at the bar every day, but that never happened. We got a bill each time. Honestly I don't mind paying for drinks but don't promise what you don't deliver. Make the system work. Finally, the service at breakfast. Grumpy and passive. No smiles. Out of croissants at 7:15. Asked repeatedly for a replenish and waited another half hour before giving up. Cereal selection stupifyingly limited. Just not good for us here. Bad first impression and never got better. Big Kudos though to Pla at the pool who couldn't have been more gracious and accommodating. She's the best of the bunch. BTW we came from the Le Meridien in Siem Reap Cambodia and the experience was the polar opposite. Total Platinum welcome experience and non-stop genuine smiles. OK that's it. It's 5:45 and still no sign of housekeeping. This really sucks! Never again.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.