“Wonderful landscape, little paradise!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banyan Tree Samui

You added Banyan Tree Samui to your Saves list
Banyan Tree Samui
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99/9 Moo 4, Lamai Beach, Maret, Ko Samui 84310, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Kuala Lumpur
“Wonderful landscape, little paradise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We booked for Ocean View VIlla, but got upgraded to Royal Villa, nice!!!!
Breakfast place is so beautiful, selection is just fine. Lunch at the beach front restaurant, had a foot long Pizza, it was good. Dinner at Saffron restaurant was nice, but not very exciting menu.
Must try " The Rainforest Hydrothermal Therapy" , it was great! The massage is wonderful too.
Great service at every part of the resort, best housekeeper ever :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
BanyanTreeManagement, General Manager at Banyan Tree Samui, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear shirleychinita,

Greetings from Banyan Tree Samui!

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to extend your feedback. I am thrilled to read that your stay with us was both relaxing and rejuvenating and that you enjoyed the comfort and view of your Royal Banyan Pool Villa.

I am pleased to hear that you tried each of our dining outlets and were pleased with breakfast at The Edge as well as lunch at our beachfront restaurant, Sands. While we continually receive praise for our signature Thai restaurant, Saffron, we are always seeking to improve our menu selections to meet all tastes. I have already passed along your comments to our Executive Chef for further review in this area. I trust from your review that this minor incident did not mar your overall experience with us.

Our award-winning Banyan Tree Spa offers the ultimate in relaxation and I am glad that you found The Rainforest, our hydrotherapy wellness facility, to be great and were able to indulge in the tender touch of our therapists as well.

I have also passed along your comment to our Housekeeping team who work together to ensure each villa meet our standards and to deliver warm, friendly service. It is wonderful that you felt the personal touches they deliver to each of our guests.

shirleychinita, thank you once again for choosing Banyan Tree Samui. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future for another memorable holiday.

With kind regards,

Remko Kroesen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

What can I say, our honeymoon was spent in the most beautiful location, it really was a little bit of paradise.

Everything at Banyan Tree Samui was absolutely perfect, the location, the service, the villa, the facilities, the restaurants & food and not to forget the daily activities. We could not recommend Banyan Tree Samui enough for the perfect little get away.

Thank you Banyan Tree Samui for the most perfect & memorable honeymoon :-)

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Banyan Tree Samui, your Sanctuary for the Senses.

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for choosing Banyan Tree Samui to celebrate your honeymoon. I am glad we were able to deliver a holiday that was relaxing and rejuvenating, and that our team offered friendly, attentive service catering to your each and every need. Congratulations and all the best to you both as you journey through life together. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for your anniversary or future holiday.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My new wife and I had the pleasure of experiencing 6 nights in this amazing hotel.

From the moment we arrived and were greeted by our superb host Poptart, we were blown away with the scenery and the service provided. Poptart had amazing English and was completely welcoming, helpful and friendly. We couldn't thank him enough at the end of our stay for being so great - thanks mate! The other staff members, whether it be waiting staff, cleaners or maintenance employees, were equally as friendly and welcoming too. A credit to Banyan Tree.

We stayed in a Ocean Pool View villa that was truly exceptional. We had complete privacy within our villa (B02), however we did notice that other villa's were not quite so lucky, therefore if you want more privacy then I would ask for this on booking.

The villa itself is separated into 3 private areas which is great when the wife is busy doing her hair and all you want to do is have a drink and listen to some music in a separate room while you wait! All sections are fully air-con'd with plenty of space and comfort. The villa pool is also fantastic, very big and perfect for when the weather gets too hot!

Food within the resort was exceptional. The breakfast buffet was superb, you couldn't ask for anything else and believe me, I had everything from waffles/toast/cereals through to sea-bass/thai curry/pink champagne! We had dinner at Sands (the restaurant by the beach) which was very good and also Saffron where we had a 5 course Thai food meal which as exceptional. Even the in-villa dining exceeded out expectations!

The resort is completely private which was great for us as honeymooners. Some may find the location a little wayward if you want to be closer to shops and nightlife - however its only a cab ride away and we got to visit both Lamai and Chaweng during our stay.

So overall an amazing way to begin our Honeymoon in a 5 star hotel/resort. We moved across to Rasananda hotel on Koh Pha-ngan next, apparently another 5 star resort, which simply wasn't a patch on Banyan Tree.

Highly, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Some villa's are more private than others, so if you want complete privacy I would certainly req...
Dear kevin b,

Greetings from sunny Samui!

Thank you for choosing our property to celebrate your honeymoon and I am delighted to hear that your experience was fantastic in every regard. I am glad you were pleased with the Ocean Pool Villa and felt comfortable as you relaxed and took in the stunning view it offers of our private bay and the azure waters of the Gulf of Thailand.

I have already passed your comments on to Poptart, your Villa Host, as well as to our entire team. It is wonderful to hear that each and every request was met in a warm, attentive manner. It is such gracious comments as yours that provide motivation for our team to continue delivering the highest standards of service which are a signature of our brand.

I have also passed along your comments to Chef Rainer and his culinary team who work tirelessly to deliver exceptional cuisine at our various dining outlets including our breakfast buffet at the Edge; Western and Thai delights for lunch and dinner at Sands; and outstanding Thai dishes at our signature restaurant, Saffron.

kevin b, thank you once again for your stay with us. Congratulations to the both of you as your journey through life together and I sincerely hope to welcome you back to Banyan Tree Samui in the future.

With kind regards,

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I really enjoyed my five nights spent on Banyan Tree Samui. My villa is really private and the buggy arrived at the front gate in 10 minutes at most. My villa host Thep is a very nice and helpful Thai! My breakfasts in Edge were nice and my dinner in Saffron was great. The spa really saved my life after my scuba dive in the day time that day.

I am already planning early the dive next year. If my friends decide to go Koh Samui, I surely will stay in BT again.

Room Tip: pool villa offers you one free in-villa BBQ dinner
Dear Billy W,

Greetings from sunny Samui!

Thank you for staying with us recently and it was a pleasure to welcome you to our Sanctuary for the Senses. I am pleased to hear that you felt comfortable in your villa and that our buggy service was prompt and efficient. It is wonderful to read that your Villa Host, Thep, was able to attend to your needs in a warm, attentive manner. I will be sure to pass along your generous words to him and our entire team to serve as added inspiration to their on-going dedication toward serving our guests.

Our dining outlets including The Edge, serving international cuisine; Sands, our quintessential beach barbeque experience; and Saffron, our signature Thai restaurant, each offer a different setting and experience and I am glad that you found the cuisine at each to suit your tastes. I am delighted that our world-renowned Banyan Tree Spa was able to help you relax after a day of exploring the waters of the Gulf of Thailand.

Billy W, thank you once again for choosing our brand during your visit to Samui. We anticipate welcoming you back for your future holiday and delivering another memorable stay.

LEBANON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Looking for a great hotel. With good service spacious villas. Banyan tree koh samui it is!
The resort is great with private villas all over. Some villas have more privacy than others. So make sure you recommend one if required.
The transportation within the resort will have to be by buggy car.
The breakfast is very good.
Tried the beach restaurant which was also very good. But the Thai restaurant was amazing.
The rain forest part of the spa is an excellent experience.
Very friendly hotel for couples and for families.
Looking for luxury. You found it.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear COOKS76,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to offer your comments. It was a pleasure to welcome you and to deliver a memorable stay. I am delighted to read that you found your villa to be comfortable and that our team was able to accommodate your various requests. We strive to offer a variety of cuisine at our dining outlets throughout the resort and I am pleased that you enjoyed each of them especially our signature Thai restaurant, Saffron, perched on our hillside and featuring a fantastic view of our resort in addition to the outstanding delicacies on offer. Our award-winning Banyan Tree Spa offers an ideal escape into relaxation and I am happy you were able to indulge yourselves at The Rainforest, our exclusive hydrotherapy wellness facility.

COOKS76, thank you once again for choosing Banyan Tree Samui. We would be delighted to serve you once again here on Samui; however, should you choose to visit a different region of the world, we would be honoured to have you stay at one of our sister properties for your holiday.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Excellent hotel with private villas with infinity pool. The rooms were of a grand scale with a separate bathroom, bedroom and sitting room all with individual air con. All rooms led directly out to the inflinity pool. Total indulgence and relaxation. Very quiet resort ideal for honeymooners or those just needing complete cut off from the real world. Would highly recommend. Top class! The staff are helpful and so polite - nothing is too much trouble. Golf buggies take you to and from your villas so no walking required. Resort is a little remote and you need to get a taxi so those with disabilities may find it a little difficult. 10/10 from us.

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Banyan Tree Samui!

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent getaway. I am pleased that you had a rejuvenating stay and enjoyed the comfort of your villa. I am glad the attentive service from our team exceeded your expectations and provided a memorable stay for you. I have already passed along your comments to our team as added motivation to continue delivering the highest standards of service.

Thank you once again for staying with us and it would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back for another relaxing holiday on Samui.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We recently spent six nights at the Banyan Tree, Koh Samui in a Royal Banyan Villa. A splurge for us, but well worth it. The whole experience was amazing. We were sent a brief questionnaire to complete before arrival listing any special requests or preferences. We booked an airport pick-up through the resort and we promptly greeted by a resort representative when we arrived at the airport. We were quickly transferred to the resort and were warmly greeted upon arrival there by our Villa Host Fluk. We arrived mid morning and although check-in wasn't until later that afternoon, we only had to wait about an hour in the lounge before our villa was ready for us. Travel around the resort is by buggy as its built on a hillside. We were taken to our villa which by Fluk and he showed us through the villa and explained how everything worked. The villa was set on the hillside with uninterrupted ocean views. We could see down to the private beach and across to the other side of the resort. The villa was large, spacious, very well appointed and furnished with excellent lighting, air-conditioning and all the modern conveniences. Whoever designed the resort and the accommodation should be given the highest credit for the layout and attention to detail. We were advised the resort is only two years old and you can see immediately that all the furnishings and fit-out still look new and very well maintained. The bed was extremely comfortable and you can choose the type of linen for the bedding. The lounge area is large and comfortable as is the bathroom, with lovely bath products. All the rooms in the villa looked out to the infinity pool and then to the ocean. In addition to the infinity pool, you also have a heated spa and sala with day bed and a separate table and chairs with umbrella for outdoor dining. All the staff are very friendly and greet you by name. A special thank you to Pla who attended to our housekeeping every day. She was very friendly, extremely efficient and went to a great deal of trouble to ensure everything was perfect. Thank you to Don in Saffron for looking after us at dinner on a couple of occasions. The service and food was excellent. We also had lunch at Sands on two occasions - a great location, great menu and excellent service.
Fresh fruit was replenished in our room daily and a different sweet treat left in our room each night together with a small gift/memento. We had clothes laundered a couple of times and they were returned promptly and the charges were very reasonable. The attention to detail, level of service, quality of amenities and friendliness and warmth of the staff and their genuine concern for your comfort and enjoyment during the holiday are the stand-outs for this resort. Well run, extremely efficient and dedicated staff - thank you, thank you for a wonderful holiday. We would definitely recommend this resort to our family and friends and would be delighted to return for another holiday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BanyanTreeManagement, General Manager at Banyan Tree Samui, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear 01Ans23,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are pleased to read that your holiday exceeded your expectations and that you were able to return feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. From the comfort of your villa and the exceptional views of the Gulf of Thailand to the delicious cuisine at Saffron and Sands, it is wonderful that each combined to make a memorable stay for you.

We have already passed along your comments, regarding the service, to your Villa Host, Fluk, your Villa Attendant, Pla, our Outlet Manager, Don, at Saffron and all of our team as recognition for their hard work and to serve as added motivation to continue delivering the highest of standards which is a trademark of our brand.

01Ans23, thank you once again for choosing Banyan Tree Samui and we would be delighted to welcome you back once again for your future holidays.

Banyan Tree Management Team

Been to Banyan Tree Samui? Share your experiences!