“Getting My Life Back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Leaf Detox Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lamai Beach
New Leaf Detox Resort
You added New Leaf Detox Resort to your Saves list
139/2 Moo 4 | Maret, Lamai Beach, Maret, Ko Samui 84310, Thailand   |
4.5 of 5 stars 117 Reviews
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Getting My Life Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I first did the 28 day detox in February 2012 and repeated this in June 2013. Both experiences were positive. The first experience was life changing. I have M.E. and did the detox in the hope of improving my energy levels. The results exceeded my expectations. However, not only did I get a great energy boost, I lost a stone in weight on both visits ( I do not have a lot of weight to lose ) and had a great time. The surroundings are relaxing and pleasant, especially around the poolside. The bungalows are comfortable. The atmosphere is informal and laid back. Air, the owner is very knowledgable, caring and supportive - but watch out for her mischievous sense of humour! The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I loved my daily massages with the joyful, bubbly masseuses, but my favourite pastime was the yoga with the delightfully French Sylvie who is a fantastic teacher. Fellow guests come from all over and are interesting and stimulating company. I laughed a lot! The whole thing feels as if you are within the bosom of a lovely ( eccentric?) family. Lamai itself is a nice place and for those who need to shop Chaweng is a short ride away. I have made friends for life at New Leaf and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone considering a detox whether of body, mind or spirit. You will be rejuvenated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
NewLeafDetox, Owner at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for the review.

The best part of my job as an owner and Program Director at New Leaf is to be a part of the guest transformation both body and mind. It's so rewarding!

At New Leaf we do most things with a group therefore it's like a little therapeutic community. Sometimes when you have a problem either body or mind and you come to do detox with us, you get to spend time with other guests and it will put your thought into perspective and you will realize that your problem is not a big problem after all. You get to share your day with others, do the activities together, laugh together and so on.

New Leaf is a small personalized retreat and we always attract similar type of people.

We're so glad to get to be a part of your transformation. Keep up the good work ;-)

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I like the resort it's very nice place to relax & to clean your mind& body :) I spent this year one week & I lost six kg ! I did the same this last year & I lost almost six kg the good thing that you change your habit , way of life !! I decide to spend at least one week every year or more!

• Stayed February 2013
NewLeafDetox, Owner at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for the review Jamal.

It's always great to have you with us. You're so funny and positive ;-)

You're welcome back anytime.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

New leaf detox is quite the alternative to most holidays in Thailand whereby at the end you would normally feel run down, sleep deprived wanting a holiday to get over the normal Koh Samui holiday.....NEW LEAF DETOX, however, offers an alternative with an end of visit feeling of new invigoration, greater energy levels and of course your clothes are going to fit better due to natural weight loss. You may feel a little apprehensive at first coming to a place like this, but once you have arrived and met by the team leader the very personable Robin, you immediately feel at ease.

I was here all but 4 nights prior to a long business trip in Japan and I can say a couple of weeks down the line, the Detox at New Leaf gave me the wanted energy levels and positive mind set required for my busy trip.

New Leaf is not a five star hotel with all the trimmings as something like that would be quite essentially the wrong environment required to stay focused within, lets face it, a health programme. However, my swimming pool side independent hut style ensuite room was perfect for a good nights sleep and privacy. I found the site relaxing with a charming ambiance that you would want on any tropical paradise Island. Free wi fi, TV and an abundance of movies to watch if you so desired. Lamai is a great area of Koh Samui with the sunday night market just outside the door on Sundays.

Almost everything here is inclusive, the food in the form of carefully calculated nutritional drinks and soups with one of the best salads I have tasted to take with you at the end. Supplements and additional teas, fibres etc are all included. Daily activities of forest and beach walks/ bikes rides start early with Kris KP giving you the early call to start your day. Daily massages and yoga are part of the package too as are various lectures and presentations on health and nutrition. Air, the manger, a picture of health, will give an excellent cookery lecture demonstration on the simplicity and quality of home made Thai food. In addition the local Fitness centre, a 3 minute walk, is also free to use and is certainly better equipped than most on site hotel gyms. With a 20 metre pool you have everything at hand and although you are encouraged on all activities throughout your stay they are not compulsory, but I recommend that you undertake them all.

When you check in and check out You will have a basic medical, checking vitals and weight etc. This is done by the wonderful charismatic Kate, a fully qualified Nurse who is also on hand most days for professional health support and medical counselling. There are many more members of staff that are both helpful and happy in what they are doing, delivering the care, maintenance, standards and support of any other main stream hotel. Finally what made this programme work for me was the other guests who were a great group of interesting people from around the world. By the very nature they were undergoing the same detox, albeit for different time lengths, you worked together like a team to ensure that you stayed on the programme and gained the most positive results by being surrounded by the same mind set. To say I felt fantastic after the shortest programme would be an understatement. I would if time permits, next time, do a longer programme if I feel I require another detox. Excellent Experience.

Room Tip: I had a pool side independent hut ensuite room that was basic but great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the review.

We have the guest come to us for many reasons. Some want to get their health back on track, some want to take a break, some want to feel energetic again, some want to lose weight and etc...

Feeling rundown could happen to all of us. It comes from overwork, long hours in the office, lack of sleep, eating in odd hours, no time for exercise and so on.

DETOX can help you get over that feeling and make you feel energetic and vibrant again.

The Benefits of DETOX
- Improve your overall health
- Rejuvenation
- Boost up your immune system
- Boost up your metabolism
- Improve your digestion
- Strengthen your hair and nails
- Weight loss
and much more

We're glad to hear that you're happy with result :-) Hope to see you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

As my first detox experience, the staff at New Leaf could not have made it any better. I am already relatively healthy and wanted to lose only a few kg but really wanted to Detox my body. Everything was explained well, the smoothies were delicious and made with a lot of thought about the nutritional balance in them (Air is a wealth of information about the food provided). Robin and Kate (the onsite nurse) were super friendly and helpful and usually in the lobby area to talk to people and help out any way they could. Truly a committed and wonderfully pleasant staff. KP (Kris) helped me tremendously with additional supplements as needed. I was also training at a muay thai gym to get back into shape. He was always checking up on me to ensure I had the energy to go to the gym.
I cannot recommend New Leaf enough. Great staff. Great environment. Great people there. I was actually sad to leave my new friends after only 1 week.
TIPS: A room around the pool area would be better (if available). If you really want to try the soup on the night of your liver flush, ask if they can save you a bowl to have the next day. If they have any left, they will save it for you (but you need to ask). Take-away salad for the plane. This is a MUST. It was fantastic. The woman next to me on the plane just watched me eat and kept looking down at her meal a little disappointed. Morning walks. KP takes the group around for guided walks or bike rides each morning. These help you further attain your goal and several people I talked to never believed they could walk or bike that far. Their energy levels were quite high and you could see how happy they were to finish long walks/rides.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
NewLeafDetox, Owner at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your review TokyoSalaryMan,

It was great to have you with us Bruce ;-)

At New Leaf we try to make our guest experience as enjoyable and pleasant as possible. We're a modern day detox resort. The health resort for everyday people who wants to relax, get fitter, get healthier or lose some weight. Not only our juices, smoothies and soups taste good but they are filled with a lot of nutrients as well. ;-) I designed a balance program for the guest can enjoy what they take and get lots of health benefits from it.

We got a set and well structured program, however if the guest share their goal with us and it might be a little different, we're more than happy to assist them to achieve their goal.

Thank you.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I lost 8.5 kg in 12 nights at New Leaf. Their programme was simple to follow and easy to stick to. I was amazed at my results. The staff were always very helpful and I must mention Robin and Etain as they were just great throughout my stay. I don't plan to have to go back now that I'm on the path to a fitter lifestyle thanks to New Leaf. Saying that I won't hesitate to go back for a week's detox as it works wonders for your body.

Thanks guys. You have really changed my life for the better!

Malcolm

Room Tip: All the rooms were spaced apart so privacy and peace and quiet were guaranteed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
NewLeafDetox, Owner at New Leaf Detox Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your review Malcolm.

Your review means a lot to us and I will pass along your message to Robin, Etain and the staff.

I'm very pleased to hear that you archived such great result. 8.5 kg. in 12 days, well done!
Congratulations.

If you need any advice or any help, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I deliberately waited a full month before writing this review for TripAdvisor, because I wanted to monitor the after effects and results of my first ever radical Detox experience at New Leaf Detox Resort. Basically I consider myself a health conscious, disciplined person, who had on a couple of occasions done a self-detox at home (strictly diet and exercise only) one of which lasted for 30 days with very good results. I am 1.56m tall and my weight, over many years as of now, has been consistent ( between 45Kg-47Kg) The reason I went on this detox adventure was to accompany a friend who wanted to shed some pounds. Although weight loss was not an issue for me I went along with my friend because I am a staunch believer that giving two of the most vital organs in our bodies, the liver and the kidneys a rest is always beneficial for good health. Besides, I was also feeling a little "bloatish" around the waist and stomach. After an extensive search over the internet, I chose New Leaf for these reasons:
* A small set-up with a well structured programme
* Their up-front all inclusive price with no hidden extra costs was attractive.
* Reasonable price for our 7 Day stay with all the extras (check out full information at
http//www.newleafdetoxresort.com/Detox-Programs.htm)
* last but not least, the efficiency of the Administrative staff. All queries per
Email were attended to promptly.
The one major issue I personally had with the programme was with the daily colemas. I have never ever done this before, and I had great reservations about it especially as I had researched extensively over the Internet on Medical websites and Doctors, including Dr. Oz who I follow on TV, all advise against it. I emailed Air, the owner/Manager of the Resort and told her that I, and my friend would follow everything in the programme except the daily colemas.The reply came back saying if that was what we wanted we could exclude the colemas but then we would not realize the full benefits of the Detox programme. Air impressed on me that they knew what they were doing. So my friend and I decided that we would give it a one time shot and if we found it disagreeable we would dispense with it. We went along with it for the full period :)

My over-all rating of "Excellent" is based not on room accommodation but on the following:
* Implementation of the main Detox Programme (No exceptions allowed, diet wise)
* Service (Etain, Robin and Air were present daily to assist and attend to guests' needs.)
* Attitude of staff (friendly, helpful and Air is open and receptive to guests' comments
and suggestions for improvements.)
* Choices and execution of the various daily activities. I was particularly impressed with
Yoga conducted by Sylvie and can highly recommend it.
* End Results achieved

For those who have travelled extensively and are used to staying in 4-5 star hotels, accommodation here is extremely simple so do not expect any trimmings. I did not mind this as my room was spotlessly clean and to hear the rare Magpie robins singing their little hearts out at crack of dawn was a pleasurable, joyful experience. There was however one thing that bothered me somewhat. It was to see daily, the several black dangling cables against the wall hanging down from the back of the TV and Video sets which made my small room look untidy . Perhaps this is because I am by nature a very neat person. However I am sure that Air will take immediate steps to rectify this as I did mention it to her.
In summary, my Detox experience was a journey BACK TO BASICS.
In our developed world we have become a society indulging in excessiveness...too much of too many good things. Disciplined as I thought I was, I was unaware that I too had strayed a little, away from the path I thought I was on. My stay at New leaf brought that focus clearly back.
RESULTS
* Weight loss 45.7Kgs - 42. 9Kgs
* Body Fat 30.3 - 27. 9
* BMI 18.7 - 17.6
* Overall feeling of lightness and cleanliness
* Tummy was as flat as I wished it to be
* Looking fitter than ever and feeling really good

AFTER EFFECTS
* Sleeping better
* Heightened awareness of food portions
* Heightened awareness of alcohol intake
* Maintaining the discipline learnt at New Leaf
* Maintaining the results of over-all weight loss
Returning to basics (accommodation included) has made me truly appreciate my body, my health and most of all the joy of living life . Will I be back to do this again ? You bet I will :)

Lotus_Kun

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review.

All the reviews mean a lot to us as we can learn from it, improve where we have to and keep up with our quality.

Doing a research for detox are very smart and important because detoxing sometimes is more mental than the physical and you need the extra support, the place where you can feel comfortable. The people who are friendly, understanding and supportive. At New Leaf we're small but all our staffs are qualified, well trained and understanding,

Back to basics that is exactly what we all need in today's world with all the pollution, processed food, unnecessary medicine and much more. I believe our body and mind deserves a rest, cleanse, detox and unwind. Be closer to the nature is definitely a wonderful thing. (Breathe fresh air, eat natural produces, walk bare foot on grass and beach ;-) )

You're too very inspiring. It was a pleasure to have you with us.

Thank you again for all the tips, wise words and we hope to see you again in the future.

Stuttgart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

After reviewing several detox resorts on Samui, I chose New Leaf as it seemed to be the best value and I really liked the "all inclusive" price, which indeed it was- daily massage, daily yoga, airport transfers, all included.

I stayed for a 7 day detox and at the end, felt like I really could have used a 2 or 3 week stay instead. As you are given fresh juices and soup each day, you are not starving and have enough energy to participate in all the daily activities. I really enjoyed the pool which was a lovely temperature and clean and peaceful. I also participated in yoga every day as well as all the morning walks and enjoyed every minute of it. The rooms are by no means luxurious, but they are comfortable and clean.

The one thing I didnt like however was the noise. The resort is on a busy street and while its nice that you can walk outside and have all the shopping, massage places, and beach close by, its too noisy and I had to sleep with ear plugs as the sound of mopeds, motorcycles etc, just never seemed to end. If they could re-locate this resort in a more peaceful location, it would be near perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the pool as far back from the road as possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review.

Thank you again for choosing us for your detox experience.

All the intake (juices, smoothies, soups and supplements) have been calculated for your daily activities. There is no moment that we put the guest body in starvation. Each day you will have enough fuel to carry on with all the activities and detox the body in the same time.

We hope to see you again :-)

Air

Been to New Leaf Detox Resort? Share your experiences!