“Wish we could have stayed longer!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montra Hotel

You added Montra Hotel to your Saves list
Montra Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   142/33-42 Moo 4 | Maret, Lamai Beach, Maret, Ko Samui 84312, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Wish we could have stayed longer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We only had 2 nights at The Montra and the weather wasn't great on Koh Samui so we didn't really get an opportunity to enjoy the amazing pool. We were very impressed with the grounds on the way in and were greeted with a smile and a drink.

We had the very last villa on the left. It had a living room which was light and airy with satellite tv. The bathroom was smart, clean and large with a very deep bath, separate shower and two sinks. The bedroom was huge with a very big and comfortable bed. The whole villa was decorated to a high standard. The bedroom opened out onto a large balcony overlooking the pool and surrounding gardens. When we first ventured out we had a chat with the manager to ask where the beach was, he then drove us down there and pointed out some nice bars and restaurants. The beach isn't too far from the hotel but we were very thankful for the lift! We liked Lamai beach. Various places to have a snack or drink, we didn't get to spend too long there though.

The food at the hotel was good. Breakfast was made to order and there was a lot of variety. We were true brits and ordered a cooked breakfast. The restaurant was quiet, don't think we saw many other people in there.

My partner managed to leave his phone in a taxi that had dropped us off at the hotel. The staff were AMAZING! They checked the CCTV and made some phone calls to try and identify the taxi. The Manager (I cant remember his name unfortunately) then drove us around the resort TWICE to try and locate it. He also spoke to some friends at the taxi rank to try and find the taxi for us. Unfortunately we couldn't find the taxi but the manager took our details and promised to contact us should the phone turn up. We didn't get the phone back, but were amazed at the time the staff spent trying to help us. The Manager is a top guy :-) One of the ladies at reception also organised our onward Lomparyah ferry for us.

In summary the staff went over and above, the room was comfortable and smart, the pool was beautiful and the food was lovely.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Montra-Director, Owner at Montra Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear HannahA,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The team are very pleased to read the feedback, as they continuously strive to improve the level of guest service. We look forward to your next visit.

Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Surat, Gujarat, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights as a honeymoon trip. What ever we wanted they made it easily available for us. Thanks to Su, Noi and other staff they made our honeymoon very special. Breakfast is ultimate and exceptional. It is located near hill but we loved to walk down the road. they provided bike too. Most of the day time we were out so couldn't enjoy much in pool but once we had fun and it gives enough of ur own privacy. only problem was the room service.

LOV U MONTRA.

Room was nice, big and well maintained.

Room Tip: choose any room....don't worry about rooms. just avoid room near restaurant.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear vickymicky_12,

The team appreciated your positive feedback, especially Su and Noi. Regarding the comments about room service and the room nearest the restaurant, our GM, Mr. Sathit will contact you to discuss these points. Hopefully we can resolve any issues for future guests. Thank you for choosing Montra for your honeymoon. We look forward to your next visit.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Montra Samui for 4 nights at the end of our 3 week honeymoon, the staff was exceptional. They were very helpful, kind and lovely people. The restaurant on the property made delicious food as good or better than anywhere else we experienced in Thailand. The inclusive breakfast was exceptional as well. We enjoy walking and chose to do so from the beach areas back to the hotel on several occasions rather than negotiate with the over priced cabs and to burn off calories from the beers, pad thai etc that we consumed. They offer a complimentary shuttle service and are more than happy to take you to any of the surrounding beaches if you desire. The property and rooms are beautiful, large rooms, beds comfortable firm thai style, clean, high ceilings, an ac unit for each room. If you complain about this place then you're probably just the highly critical complaining type. Stay at the four seasons then. :) Say hi to Garfield and Lucy the onsite Cats if you end up choosing Montra Samui!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear James L,

Thank you for the great review. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay with Montra. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Myself & my partner held our wedding at The Montra in mid June. We knew we wanted to get married in Thailand but found it difficult to pick a hotel over the internet as there are so many to choose from! After many hours researching we eventually settled on The Montra as they were so helpful and quick to reply to our emails and we liked the idea of being able to have the whole hotel to ourselves (we booked all 9 rooms for 2 nights exclusive use). What an excellent choice! All the planning was done via email with Mr Sathit the manager. He was very helpful and seemed to understand what we were after. Despite this I was still apprehensive arriving in Koh Samui a few days before the wedding having never seen the venue!! I needn't have worried though. I had made arrangements to meet Mr Sathit a few days before the wedding to have a tour of the hotel and finalise arrangements. As soon as I arrived with my family they had a member of staff waiting for us at the entrance who greeted us by name, a lovely gesture! We then stepped through the low gateway into a stunning secret paradise. This place is beautiful! The photo's on tripadvisor and the hotel website do not do it justice. Mr Sathit was fantastic and showed us around, he had examples of the menu for the wedding and had added a few extras into the day for us too ( love tree planting & the lucky lantern). I could not believe the menu - a full A4 page! After this visit I was happy that we had made the right choice and was looking forward to the day without any further worry! Myself and my family only checked into The Montra the day before the wedding. Immediately I felt relaxed, there is a certain atmosphere here that makes you forget the world outside. It helped that Mr Sathit had arranged some ladies to come to our villa and do our nails and generally give us a pamper session. we had a lovely dinner in the Hue restaurant & during dinner we saw the florists arriving with bucket loads of beautiful orchids and lotus flowers. We found out the next morning that they had worked all night covering everything in gorgeous flowers - the place looked even more stunning once they had worked their magic! On the wedding day itself we had a fabulous hairdresser gentleman who came to our villa to do our hair, then the Buddhist Ceremony & a Western Ceremony led by an english speaking minister. After cold drinks (yummy &l lethal cocktails!) & snacks ( spring rolls, satay etc), thai dancing & photos, dinner was served. Wow what a dinner! I have never seen such a feast in all my life & I love food! The chefs truly did themselves proud. We had everything from curries to salads, stirfry to BBQ. All was beautifully presented and I think you could have fed 400 not just the 40 guests we had.After dinner we worked off our overeating dancing to all our favouritte tunes played by the live band and finished the night off in the pool at 3am ( no worry about disturbing other guests!). I cannot thank the staff at The Montra enough, they made our day fabulous and created memories we will treasure forever. We cannot recommend highly enough!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 0Louise11,

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed and positive review. The team is extremely pleased you enjoyed celebrating your wedding at Montra. Allowing us to display some of your wedding photos on Facebook and our website is greatly appreciated and very generous. We wish you both all the best and hope you will come back to stay with us again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Montra Lamai in late June '14. The rooms were large, clean and beautifully decorated, sporting a large tub with oil burners and candles for the ultimate romantic experience. The refreshing pool connects all the apartments and allows a cool dip straight from your balcony. I had read previous reviews that did not depict the restaurant favourably, however, we found the food to be of a good standard on those times we could not bring ourselves to venture into town. The best part about our stay was the warm and welcoming staff who did everything within their capacity to make our holiday a special one; from impeccable service to the free shuttle/ booking taxis and suggesting nice restaurants to dine at. My one small complaint was that the mattress was too hard for my liking but my partner found it to his. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TessOK,

The team appreciates your positive review and constructive feedback. We are happy you and your partner enjoyed the stay with us and hope you can visit again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Very devoted and kind staff, great villa with huge and confortable bed, great bathroom. Amazing swimming pool with a quiet feeling in general. Felt like we were the only ones in the hotel.
We had a great time there, it is definately a place to go to if you want to lay back being not too far from Lamai beach.
The two possible small and only negative points would be the expensive prices of the spa, the food and laundry (but it is a luxury hotel, so we kind of expected it), and maybe the room service that did not put the room "as new" every time, but it really was not much...
Great hotel for the price!

• Stayed April 2014
Montra-Director, Owner at Montra Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Frank J,

Thank you for your comments and the positive review. The GM has read your constructive comments and will follow up with the housekeeping team.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you will be able to visit Montra again soon.

Hampshire England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I am still at time of writing staying at the Montra.My partner + I have been here since 29th March + are here until 17th April. I would normally wait until returning to the UK to post my opinion of our stay. However,in light of the
latest review posted I am clearing up a few things that were mentioned. I have a strong feeling that there has been a case of mistaken identity. The Montra Resort is beautiful. A veritable oasis in a very busy world. The villas are superb. The pool a delight. The staff most helpful + caring, yet discreet. The food wonderful.The resort is NOT next to a pier + does NOT have plastic sunbeds or parasols. I can only assume that the reviewer has got mixed up with a different hotel + have contacted them directly regarding this. I am sorry that they had a bad experience, it must have been very disappointing for them. That said,I know how negative reviews have the potential to damage independently run small businesses which is why I am keen to put the record straight before my holiday ends. We have 8 more days left at this beautiful resort + I am looking forward to every one of
them.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Sunshine009,

The Montra teams thanks you for your support and the timely posting of your review. The TripAdvisor team has agreed to evaluate the review you mention and will hopefully remove it permanently from our page before displaying it on the correct hotel’s page. I too believe the review was incorrectly placed on our page.

Our team is very pleased to read your comments regarding Montra. While we do not always get everything right all the time, the team strives to ensure we provide a high level of personal service to each guest and that we look to continuously improve our performance.

On behalf of Montra, I hope the rest of your stay with us continues to be enjoyable. Thanks again.

Jason

Been to Montra Hotel? Share your experiences!