After reading extensively about the Montra Hotel from this very website, my wife and I decided to book it for our honeymoon. We were not disappointed at all. Considering the price of each villa, which was significantly cheaper than the other alternatives we had contemplated in Bohput, we nevertheless found ourselves in the lap of luxury.
Yes, the Villa is not by the beachfront and there is no private pool, but you do get exceptional and attentive service and all the other trappings of luxury nonetheless. Sue, Nom and the team at the Montra were amazing and they went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, accommodating our requests as best as they could.
Just some examples:
- we had indicated that we were on our honeymoon, and upon arrival, there were rose petals laid out in the shape of a heart on our bed;
- we had to leave the hotel very early on some mornings as we were going diving, and we had asked the hotel whether they would be willing to prepare a hot breakfast for us even though it was very much earlier, and they did it for us; and
- we arrived into Koh Samui very late on the first night, but they kept the kitchen open at our request so that we were able to order dinner without having to go out into the town.
As mentioned earlier, the Hotel is not by the beachfront. However, the beach is only a 10-15 minute stroll away. In any event, most of the beachfront hotels in Bohput had visible signs of damage from the floods earlier this year. The Montra, in contrast, was completely untouched.
To make up for the lack of a private pool, there is a very interesting pool that runs along the length of the Hotel as well. Given that there are only a couple of villas in all, this might as well be your own private pool!
If you're the sort of person who shuns big, generic resorts in favour of small, boutique and personal hotels - the Montra is definitely for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montra is a small independent hotel located in Lamai. To enter you have to duck through a pair of solid old wooden gates and, as the gates clunk closed behind you, you find yourself in a magical peaceful garden, you feel yourself relaxing and you have the feeling you are somewhere special. Our quiet hillside location, one kilometre from Lamai Beach, allows us to give you holiday lodgings in a beautiful villa for a price better than the tiny room at the beach. Being a nine villa property means Montra is able to offer a more personal touch with staff knowing you by name and learning your preferences whilst still respecting your privacy. Our nine luxurious villas are situated in lush tropical gardens dominated by an elegant swimming pool. All villas are 63 square meters and offer a master bedroom with a high ceiling, top quality bed and linens; the living room comes equipped with all the modern amenities; the 14 square meters bathroom offers both an open shower with a bathtub designed for two with twin headrests and double sinks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Montra Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montra Hotel Ko Samui/Lamai Beach