After far too much investigation, into hotels in Koh Samui, we finally settled on this gem.
1. We had to wait, at the airport, for our hotel transfer for an hour (we have 3 children aged 16, 9 and 4 so it was slightly inconvenient). Apparently the mini van, destined to collect us, had an accident so I suppose this is a fair excuse.
2. The are no adjoining villas for families - in hindsight not a bad thing ;-)
3. Babysitting is expensive - TBH 300 per hour. Our 16 year old son helped us out one night so we didn't need this service.
4. The sea is quite rocky. This is only a problem if the sea is "rough" because you cannot see the rocks beneath you.
5. No English pork sausages for breakfast. We are expats living in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia is a Muslim country) so I was a bit disappointed. Loads of bacon though so it didn't cause any stress.
6. Asian Mosquitos! Repellent machines and mats are provided but (we follow this protocol in our home in KL too) I strongly suggest aerosol mosquito spray, which is freely available, to be sprayed in your villa at least once before bed time (stay out of the room for a about 20 minutes after spraying) and keep doors and windows closed.
7. Pillows. You are provided with two pillows per person. One which feels like a brick and one which feels like a softer brick. Softer pillows are needed. Having said this, we did not request softer pillows so perhaps these are available.
1. When our airport transfer arrived we were met with smiles, apologies, beautiful fresh orchid garlands, ice cold bottled water and wonderfully refreshing, and intricately folded, COLD and wet towels.
2. Our check in was swift and friendly.
3. On realising that adjoining rooms were not available, we were allocated new villas, which faced each other, in a quiet little cul de sac accessed via a wooden deck bridge over koi ponds, very close to the pool, beach and restaurant -within the maze of villas. We stayed in villa 303 and 304.
4. A wonderfully comfortable extra (single bed) was provided in our children's villa to accommodate 3 people. After a small argument about who got the "comfy" single bed....my 9 year old daughter won.
5. Hotel staff moved our belongings (and the extra bed) whilst we went to the beach for a long swim, beach walk and lovely dinner at the hotel bar overlooking the beach.
6. Rooms and bathrooms are clean, spacious and well maintained. There are wonderful little burners in the bathrooms, which contain camphor oil, so the room always smells fresh.
7. A well stocked mini bar.
8. The hotel pool and surrounds were very clean and I actually saw a staff member cleaning the mosaics, all the way around the swimming pool, with a hand held little brush.
9. A short walk, along the beautiful Lamai beach, to numerous restaurants and bars.
10. Scooters are available, for rental, right outside the hotel or a few meters further on the main road. This is a MUST! We all really enjoyed exploring the island on our "steeds" and travelling to Lamai Town in the evening for the vibe and market.
11. The hotel restaurant is really good. Though there is no "kids menu" the staff are happy to serve the lunch menu in the evening and my two younger children thoroughly enjoyed the fish and chips.
The Thai curries are heavenly and bar service is excellent.
12. My husband surprised me with an intimate dinner (at our hotel) for two - on the beach with the waves lapping 2m away from our table. The atmosphere was peaceful and romantic, the staff were attentive, the decor at our table (complete with storm lantern and fresh orchids everywhere including our ice bucket!) was beautiful beyond words, and the food was delicious.
13. Towards the end of our dinner for two, a hawker came past with sky lanterns. My husband hailed our children and we sent 2 sky lanterns into the clear sky. One for love and luck for my husband and myself and one for Mommy's love with my children.
14. Seamless check out and return transfer to Samui International Airport.
All in all a wonderful stay. My 4 year old son cried when we were checking out, and I felt like a petulant child who didn't want to leave the party.
I would recommend this hotel without reservation.
If you need 2 villas choose villas 303 and 304. Very quiet and private. Close to restaurant, swimmin...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.