“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Magic Life Penelope Beach Imperial

Save Saved
You added Club Magic Life Penelope Beach Imperial to your Saves list
Club Magic Life Penelope Beach Imperial
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Zone Touristique B.P. 257, Houmt Souk, Djerba Island 4180, Tunisia   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Houmt Souk
England
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have just returned from the Club Magic Life Penelope Beach in Djerba, Tunisia. I went there with my older Sister on the recommendation of our youngest Sister and could not fault this place at all. If you wanted to, there was something to do every hour of every day and, if you didn't want to do anything, apart from sunbathe, then the pools were lovely. The food was of a good quality and nothing was too much trouble for any member of the staff. The Entertainers did a great job in keeping all, who wanted to, be involved in their games, fitness regimes, etc and the Management should be very proud of the team that they have working there. The evening shows were very good and each night was different. The dancing was first class and they were also not shy in 'sending' themselves up! I have already recommended this hotel to my friends at work, both with children and without and, I believe, one colleague has already looked into booking their summer holiday there. Casey the Thomson Rep was lovely - yes Casey, come on admit it you are reading this and smiling. We booked two trips with him and was not disappointed. The sun was out the whole time we were there, however, poor Casey stated that he will be the only person who has spent the whole summer in Tunisia and going home without a tan (sorry, Casey could not resist). He even gave a special goodbye at the airport, or was he just making sure we got on the plane? Please don't be put off by the coach ride from the airport to the resort, as it does resemble 'fly tippers R US' - it did make us think about what we were going into to but, once in the resport, absolutely spotless everywhere within the complex. The beach was lovely and you could walk outside the whole of the complex in a complete circle with ease and not hastled. Excellent place, excellent holiday and would definately be looking to return next year.

Room Tip: We had the block behind the bungalows. This was the furthest away from the beach/flume pool, howeve...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our 3rd time with Magic Life. We've stayed in Bodrum and Sharm El Sheikh previously. We had a fantastic time at the Penelope Beach this year. Although the hotel in Sharm is more up to date and quite a lot swankier, the atmosphere here was much nicer - probably because the Penelope is smaller. As ever, Magic Life's formula of inclusive activities and entertainment is fantastic. Food was varied and plentiful and the staff were lovely. We got involved with lots of activities and met some lovely people. We stayed for 1 week returning on 12th June and towards the end of this week the sunbeds around the pool were beginning to be scarce so i imagine it would be almost impossible at high season. We opted mainly for the beach because the breeze down there was so pleasant. The para-sailing was excellent and pretty reasonable as was the horse-riding - just make sure you agree a price first. Buffet restaurant is VERY busy in the evenings but it was very easy to book the A La Carte restaurants. The accommodation is a little dated but overall very acceptable and standards of cleaning were very high. Only negative thing really was that we'd asked for a double bed and received 2 singles pushed together. Also the beds are VERY hard and I was longing for my own bed by the end of the week. The Animation Team are brilliant - very friendly and want to get everyone involved but not pushy at all. The evening entertainment here was faultless and extremely inclusive. The quality of spirits used in the cocktails weren't particularly good at this hotel and the choice was a little limited. Also white wine in the buffet restaurant tended to be not chilled. However, the chilled Muscat in the A La Carte restaurants was lovely. Also try the Trocadero Peach sparkling wine - very drinkable. Try the Cedratine - an after dinner liqueur - we bought some at the airport to bring home - quite addictive. We didn't venture out much as there is so much to do at the resort and to be honest, although my husband enjoys the haggling, I hate it with a passion. You don't get to look around without pressure but it's kind of standard in this part of the world. Taxis are cheap and feel very safe. We did the Djerba Explorer but didn't book through the rep as we felt it was a bit overpriced, it cost us about half to do it on our own in a cab. Overall a fab experience and we are going back to Tunisia in September - Hammamet this time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a week beginning 5th of June. The hotel is beautiful and wonderful. The drive in from djerba airport puts u off coz it's just desert and bare but when you get to the hotel it looks amazing. Welcomed by a cold drink and smiley friendly people. Our room was kept clean to a high standard every day and u may get the odd swan decoration on your bed. The food in the main restaurant was outstanding and different every night. We tried all 3 a la carte restaurants and they were just as good. Entertainment team work very hard in making sure there are lots of things on, all friendly and welcoming. Some brilliant evening shows too with some show stopper dancers, they are amazing to watch. The beach is close and lovely too, beach bar right by it. I recommend this hotel to everyone of all age and families

• Stayed June 2013
Catterick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

my self an my family have just returned from djerba magic life penelope beach imperial 4days ago.
We had an amazing time! Food was excellent always a great choice to choose from staff and entertainment brilliant something different everynight.:) The cleanliness was exceptonal rooms and hotel were cleaned to a very high standard couldnt of asked for more. So a big thank you to all at magic life penelope beach imperial and to all the wonderful friendships we made with the safe you made our hoilday the best Were booking again to return to see you all very soon x the george family x

Room Tip: all rooms here were fantastic there were 7 of us an all had differnet room from hotel room or a smal...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Recently returned (yesterday)from a weeks stay at the hotel. There is nothing I can say negative about the hotel, the island is a hidden gem off the coast of Tunisia, and none of my friends have been here, so the reviews I read before placed me in great stead before my trip.
Hotel is a very good representation to the brand of magic life. From the cleaners of the hotel room, to the bar staff, security guards and gardeners everyone greets you, smiles and delivers warm and friendly service- a rarety I can assure you.
Having been to many 5* hotels, and usually go all inclusive, by the 5th day the mundane food and similar monotonous routines usually fall into place, not here however, where themed evenings, evening cocktails and a huge variety of food on offer kept me entertained and food replenished.
This hotel I can not praise enough, my only concern is how popular this hotel would be in the summer and if the hotel would physically be able to cope. Having visited in mid season it was fairly busy and we had, on some occasions, had to queue for food and drinks. This is normal however the staff seemed to be rushed off their feet in the restaurant at times. A very special mention to 'Sami' a waiter in the main restaurant- fantastic, cheery personality and kept the tables clear and ready for next customers. He treated us as individuals and cleared our plates and topped the wine up regularly- thank you!
Outside of the hotel is basically just a beach not much outside of the complex. The beach is like a Caribbean one except without the warmth and is not as clean, it is however nice.
Never on this holiday did I become ill, and this is because of the strict hygiene and cleanliness which the hotel operates towards, most people who go to tunisia experience some of upset stomach however not in this hotel, it is unheard of because of the great standards which it conforms to.
Overall fantastic holiday, wonderful staff, beautiful hotel and gardens.
Two more points- the djerba airport is very dirty, toilets are unclean and very poor hygiene is practiced in this hotel. So take anti bacterial with you, cats are actually inside the departure lounge as well!
Thomson reps- in a word, useless. At the airport on return home we queued to check in only to be told that some customers needed priority for 'medical' reasons, when we spoke with these people (they were also in the extra leg room seats) they said they didn't want to queue and their rep (from the Riu hotel) promised them they could queue jump and upgrade. Appealing to see this.
Thomsons- get rid of these reps they do your company no good, and add costs to our holiday and add no value to my week.
Nevertheless djerba 10/10 and club magic life 10/10. Would love to return.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Just returned from 7day holiday! What can I say, but agree with most of the other reviews. We traveled as a. Couple with my 17 daughter and we all agreed it was a wonderfully holiday. The hotel is spotlessly clean everywhere .There is plenty going on all day but we felt no pressure to join in as we just wanted to relax.AFter reading previous reviews we located the relax pool , it was lovely only 20 comfy sun beds and peace it was heaven.Elsewhere the other pools all where lovely with plenty for keeping kids entertained ,looking to return with the grandchildren! Beach was a very pleasant surprise,lovely long stretch of sand.Ok there are camels and horses walking up and down all day and the obvious droppings they leave behind! But on the whole it is kept clean. The restaurant was excellent, we were greeted on the first day by a waiter who was superb, he kept the same table for us with our drinks each meal, we never felt any pressure to tip but it was justly deserved he couldn't do enough for us! Food lovely, so much choice even for fussy eaters and the boring chicken and chip brigade! Tried the Mediterranean al la carte, it was nice, but we were treated so well in the main restaurant and the food was so good we were happy there.The room was nice ,large double bed and sofa bed for daughter ,ok but kept spotless with clean towels everyday! Was hesitant before we went, but I would recommend this hotel to couples and families alike they cater for everyone! EXCELLENT!

Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in June 2013 and have only recently got home. The hotel is great, food is fantastic and the overall holiday was just great in everyday. The hotel is very stylish and I find it hard to fault any of it. The club magic brand in my opinion is better than Riu brand and I used to always holiday in a Riu hotel. Every little detail was thought off, bottled water with meals, free wifi in reception and lobby bar even down to a man on the beach dusting off the beds when they were covered in sand. I would definitely go again and would only say 2 negative things, 1) at the airport I was greeted by a very aggressive male who demanded money for putting my case on the coach and when I didn't understand what he was saying he continued to be aggressive, so if I went again I would either put it on myself or take some extra £ or € to give them and 2) the Thomson reps really are useless. In my 7 day stay the only time he spoke to me once and that was to say that the departure airport would be quite empty as we were the only flight but he was wrong as there was quite a few flights. He only seemed interested in selling me trips but acted more like he was a fellow guest and not a rep. The bus driver on the trip from the airport to the hotel was much more helpful and knowledgable about the island. However the hotel overall was fantastic and I thoroughly recommend a superior bungalow as its great value for money. .

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Club Magic Life Penelope Beach Imperial? Share your experiences!