“Good Location ?!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Telemaque Beach & Spa

You added Hotel Telemaque Beach & Spa to your Saves list
Hotel Telemaque Beach & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plage Sidi Mahrez | B.P. 253, Houmt Souk, Djerba Island 4180, Tunisia   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Houmt Souk
Tripoli, Libya
“Good Location ?!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We booked 3 nights all inclusive at Telemaque hotel in Djerba Tunisia .. The hotel was 4 star hotel but you have to pay for the safe box and for the mini bar refrigerator and swimming pool towels..
The Hotel staff were very good staff .. The food was acceptable according to the money all inclusive .. The room was very clean comfortable bed LCD TV .. Good beach just in front of the hotel but the mattress were very old .. The Hotel location is good very close to all super markets restaurants and many other services ..
In general the hotel is good.

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are South side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

It is an excellent hotel offering luxury at an affordable price. We stayed here for a week and absolutely loved it. The beach is directly in front of it and it offered a lot of entertainment for the whole family. The sunny beach during the day had hot water in it. There were a lot of dancing and fun at this place. We enjoyed the camel ride too. There were various tour packages to choose from too. You can visit different hot spots. The food was nice. We simply loved staying at this place. It’s a great place to spend a vacation. The kids thoroughly enjoyed this place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2007

For the price - around 200 pounds for everything bar drinks in the middle of October - this was well worth the money. The hotel is bright if a little rough around the edges, and the grinning reps bouncing around keep the children well entertained. The beach is directly in front of the hotel and pool area, and the smell of pancakes wafts invitingly during the late afternoons.
If you want to really see Africa though, understand the limitations of the trips. They are not cheap compared to Morroco and for value give you less than trips from Hammamet; despite being only a few hundred kms from the Sahara. You will go in convoy with several hundred tourists to the hotspots, and the Saharienne trip involves about 30 minutes on a camel - which you even have to pay for!
This is not to say the trip is not enjoyable, you just have to marshall your expectations.
ON NO ACCOUNT be tricked into going to the folklore night - it is criminal. We paid 40 dinards for a coach ride to an aritificial "Berber" town, were subjected to a truly mediocre dance attended by an arthritic camel, and then hosted with a non-alcoholic "special cocktail" before finally (you wait 40 minutes) sitting down with over 600 tourists; The food is SO SO average, the Tunisian wine is despicable and the dances drag and drag.
We left before dessert, desperate to get back to the oily buffet, which tells its own story.
So to conclude - hotel eight out of ten if you pay sub 250 pounds sterling, excursions like the other places Im sure but only a 6;

Stayed October 2007
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

Ok where do i start? Club Telemaque is an amazing hotel. Ok you might not be as impressed when you see the " * * * " symbol everywhere you go, and you might consider other hotels first cause' the luxury might seem more extravagante at other more expensive hotels, but beilieve me, go visit Club Telemaque. Try it just for a week if you are sceptical, it will be an experience of your life time. I might seem like a walking advertisement for Club Telemaque but i swear, its cheap, its sunny, its funny you will never forget it, and you will come back with GREAT tan.

I was at Club Telemaque for two weeks. We arrived at 3 in the morning so the welcoming was not too big. It was so dark you couldn’t see your hand in front of you, but still we decided to go take a swim in the ocean (which we couldn’t see). I knew the Mediterranean was hotter than the Atlantic but i had no idea the water was going to be lukewarm in the middle of the night. (HOT during the day) After strick notice from the desk clerk ”Please Sea tomorrow, sleep now” we went and unpacked in our hotelroom. In other words, we didn’t get any sleep the first night. I get irritaded when i dont get my sleep so the first impression when it was breakfast time was not too good.

Definetly the first thing i thought about when i got off the plane was not just the heat (remember the sun was not up yet) but the level of moist in the air. Obviously we dont have that much moist in the air where i come from because i really had a hard time getting used to it. I am from Norway and the differene is amazing. When i first got out of the hotel room (with aircondition on full) And I felt the sun, I nearly got pushed back in! It is sooo extreem in the beginning if you are from a country where you can only see the sun two monts a year like i am.

The ting i noticed right away was how people were so happy all the time. Those who worked there smiled all the time and sang and dansed. And after the first days I was in that mood too. I have never dansed and smiled so much in my entire life! Anyways. I managed to fall in love with a man who worked at the hotel. I couldn’t help it, he shined more than the african sun, I swear. I don’t know where I’m going with that statement but just had to put it in.

Above all, what I am saying is that you will enjoy your residence as much as I did. You have different excursions you can choose from which I also swear you will find informative and tribulating. Pluss, when I was there it was sport activities and friendly matches between hotels where you get the chance to represent your hotel. So much fun! Also the stab works so hard for us visiters to have a great time also when it comes to the night entertainment. Its always amusing and the audiece is always a huge part of the show. They even crown Miss and Mr Telemaque! which of course is one of the visitors.

One thing that is bad is that there is no minibank at the hotel. Its far away. Thank god the Taxi is so cheap! The beds are short and hard though. Im 5.7 (170cm) which is rather normal for a young woman but i could bearly fit the madrass. My friend which is taller than me, had to have her feet on the table, cause she couldn’t fit the bed. The food also is not much to brag about. It doesn’t taste bad, its just that it doesn’t taste much. I lived on onions and fries with chetchup for two weeks. The breakfast was good though, alot to choose from. They don’t speak too much english though, so if you don’t speak either italian, french or dutch, your going to have some problems, like me.

All i know is that i will never forget the two weeks. I am still wearing my flash pink hotel bracelet, my friend too! I shaked my bum every night at the disco, I lauged my self to death with the night entertainment, I fell in love, i made love, I stepped in white burning sand, I swallowed alot of salt water, I cried when we went home, I made alot of new friends and I promise you will too. All I know is that I will be back. Its a promise... Thats my story people.

Thank tou for taking the time to read.

Much love, Line Cecilie.

Ps, the alkocol is free so party on people!! ;)

• Liked — The people and the sun
  • Disliked — the fact that nobody was speaking english
  • Tips/Secrets — book 2 weeks! you will regret if you book just one.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Telemaque Beach & Spa? Share your experiences!