“Very nice, we will come back” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Palm Beach Palace Djerba to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Palm Beach Palace Djerba
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route Touristique, Houmt Souk, Djerba Island 4180, Tunisia   |
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Houmt Souk
Tripoli
“Very nice, we will come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

It was very nice to stay over there, the bullding was nice the veiw is very nice also i liked the room it was so modern also all the staff were very welcome and sweet.

Wish to have another visit againe.

Wissam

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

223 people have reviewed this hotel

France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Djerba is basically a large sandy island covered in palm trees with good hotels.
I cannot comment on any towns/villages in the area as we stayed around our wonderful hotel. We wanted a relaxing beach holiday with excellent food and at the Palm Beach Palace Djerba you can find everything you wish for. Lovely large rooms, spotlessly clean. The maids are so attentive, thankyou so much to Souheila for our beautiful bed decoration.
We would certainly return to this hotel and can strongly recommend it as being excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

We read trip advisor after we booked and were a bit concerned. We needn't have worried. This is a really nice hotel. Perhaps the previous negative comments from other reviewers have made a difference but it isdifficult to fault the staff, the surroundings, the room or the food and hospitality. A spacious room, well-trained staff who are polite and do their best to please have made this a memorable stay. It's perhaps a little quiet - and very French. But if youre looking for somewhere to re-charge your batteries in real comfort, then this is the place for you. Top Tip:Hire some scooters like we did!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

Before I travelled to this Sofitel i read the reviews and it said that the guy with the scar on his face who was selling a tour (camels) was hitting on every woman. This is NOT so his name is Karim and he was a gentleman to my better half and he never hit on her at all and she is a looker if I must say so myself. so please ignore the review that stated this remark.
Apart from that I thought the resort was beautifull and clean and staff friendly and they tried to help eventhough there was a great language barrier.the food service in La Lina restaurant was a little repetitive but there also was a good variety and mixture of both worlds.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
East Hampton, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

Inasmuch as there remains a dispute between myself, Expedia and management at Sofitel (and let's say that this is a separate issue), my expectations were not met - compared to my other Sofitel experiences. For sure, it is a gorgeous property - on the beach, with a decent spa (lacking toiletries), a huge pool and generally good food and service. But WHY did they check our mini-bar (which I NEVER use) once in the morning and then again at 9:30 at night (was it our early check-out the next morming?) - it was weird. Weird too was the lack of toilet paper. And the lack of the as-promised-via-Expedia of the "ocean view room." << Sofitel's fault? I don't know. I had difficulty getting online on the hotel's computer and despite assistance, the connection dropped. So I tried wireless; didn't work (at least I was refunded my money on that one). The room was good - not FANTASTIC - as I have found other Sofitels. Room service never answered (and trust me: I REALLY needed a bite - the kitchen had JUST closed). They seemed to have no idea what the Sofitel A Club was (of which I am a member). Would I return? Yes. But with lowered expectations. Positives: friendly and accommodating staff; good dining room (La Pergola). Can't beat the location (once you FIND it).

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I'd rate the Sofitel as Nr.1 in Djerba, even above the Radisson, although there are a number of issues. The problem is: Djerba's unsophisticated low- and middle-class crowd and the Sofitel "luxury" brand simply don't mix well. Service standards are appallingly low. You can feel that the staff has heard complaints all too often. If you strike a relationship they are friendly, as typical for Tunisia, but otherwise you are just an anonymous number in a mass operation. The guests at Sofitel are majority French, which positively reflects on style and dress code. Apparently the Sofitel even receives some prominent French guests. Nevertheless, you will see a lot of sandals-shorts-backpack kind of crowd, but less than in the other hotels, such as the Radisson, which is more modern in design, but somewhat "cold" and frequented by an Eastern European clientele. Personally, I cannot imagine a real holiday in Djerba (only stayed one night), but then I am definitely not the target group. Towel cards, breakfast cards, that's not my style. What I found "cheap" is that no personal welcome, not even water was provided for free in the room, although I am Platinum A-Club member. I was charged for the one water bottle taken from the mini bar. But at prices below € 100 per night, what can you expect...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

Looking for a relaxing, sun break to recharge our batteries, we selected the 5-star Sofitel Palm Beach to make sure there were no hassles.
The property itself is nice, with views over the pool to the beach. The complex is only 2 stories high, so it doesn't disrupt view or sun while lounging by the pool, but it means that rooms are spread out, and we were about as far away from pool and reception as you could get! It was also beside the hotel disco, which provided one sleepless night.

Room was large, ground floor with small terrace, nice bathroom with double sink, shower wasn't amazing but functioned well. Nothing really 5-star of note, but clean.

Food was quite good, menu changed every day for dinner, but still managed to feel quite 'samey' at the end. I'd hate to think what it's like in lower-starred hotels!

Outdoor pool wasn't heated, so let's just say that in April the water was *refreshing*. The weather that week was brilliant so we didn't mind cooling down in the pool every now and then!
The heated indoor pool is only available to guests in the morning, and was rather full of kids when we went. All spa treatments and hammam cost extra, and seemed extremely expensive compared even to Paris (where we live) never mind Tunisia!

So far, so average to good. The service however was the one big disappointment of this hotel. Far below what I would consider basic hotel services, never mind a 5 star one. Receptionists were not forthcoming with information, ill-informed, and depending on who you asked you never got the same answer. E.g. we were informed that a hotel courtesy bus brought visitors into town (Houmt souk) every hour. The day we wanted to use it we got replies varying from "What courtesy bus?" to "isn't he there?" to "he'll be leaving later? when later? just later..." Frustating, so we took a taxi. Wi-fi is available, but not free, and apparently limited to 5 'connection cards' per day, so again when we wanted to use it, it wasn't possible! I mean, it's wi-fi!!

These may seem like minor grumbles, but they add up to a not-too-favourable impression, and a sense of frustration that we were looking to avoid.

But the sun was shining, which makes all the difference! (I dread to think if it wasn't, there is literally not much else to do but sunbathe...)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Beach Palace Djerba? Share your experiences!