“great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Stelida
Laarne
“great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely recommended! Spacious rooms situated in a garden, nicely decorated. Bear in mind that you need transport if you want to go to beaches and restaurants on Naxos, this hotel serves good food but who wants to miss out on the fantastic, cozy restaurants in Naxos-city or the tranquil beaches (Plaka,...) on the island?

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in the middle of June for our honeymoon and were extremely pleased that we chose Hotel Kavos. The hotel alone is absolutely stunning: set on a hill overlooking the water with the entire property being a flower garden. The rooms are pleasantly appointed, with very chic furnishings and great looking decor. The pool area is very nice and the feeling associated with staying at a smaller hotel was felt throughout our stay. Much attention to detail and a personal touch through and through. You are a mere 10 minute walk to a beautiful beach and a short drive to town. The hotel manager, Barbara, was the most hospitaable and sweet person we had met in a long time. She was always willing to help point us in the right direction during our trip and offered invaluable insight into the island. Her staff (Sara, Nikolaus, etc..) were as friendly as could be and helped us feel right at home. I did plenty of research when deciding where to stay on Naxos and I'm happy that we chose Kavos.
John and Katrina

Room Tip: Hard to go wrong in any room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Milano, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

First of all one word: PERFECT in every sense. Our stay at Kavos was far beyond our expectations and they were VERY high from the beginning. The superb location (on top of a small hill) goes not only a great view on the sea and the island but is a lot cooler than downhill, which in Greece can be valuable. Me, my husband and 6yrs old son stayed in suite number 9 and it was just lovely. Tasteful decoration and furbishing, convenient kitchenette (with accessories!), fridge, a/c, window shutters, mosquito screens (even if we didn't notice any annoying bug), huge shower, high quality toiletries. The pool is fantastic, very cleanly kept and very much enjoyable. We had planned to have dinner in town just to get to know the locals but after tasting Nicholas' delicatessen we changed our mind and spent all the 6 dinners at the hotel. I won't waste your time describing how gorgeous and tasty the food is, the freshness of the fish, the local groceries....
But I really want to spend a few words for Barbara, Sarah, Nicholas (the chef!). The best hosts I have ever found in my trips. They are so nice, helpful, always smiling and really doing everything they can to make you feel comfortable, at home, happy. And all this without trying too hard - you see what I mean. They were all so precious that I really perceived them as my family, I even shed a tear when we parted!
Naxos is a lovely island, biggest of Cyclades (already been to Paros, Mykonos and Ios), very green. Do listen to Barbara and her suggestion of what to visit, where to go, where to eat. The girl was NEVER wrong! One regret: the vacation was too short and we definitely plan to go back. A paradise also for children, you won't regret your choice nor your money. Kavos is a real gem

Room Tip: The resort is quiet small and cosy. All suites and villas are very similar and equally fantastic. Br...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at Kavos for two nights at the end of May 2012, and were extremely happy with our stay. The highlights were:

- The room was lovely and spacious.
- The location was nice, ten minutes from town and with great views.
- The hotel was just big enough, with a lovely pool and great restaurant/bar.
- The staff were amazing, attentive but not too overbearing.

The only thing I would note is that it is ten minutes walk from the beach, and personally I didn't really like the particular beach as it was a bit sparse and slightly messy. However we rented a car and drove 15minutes up the coast to some amazing beaches.

All in all, a lovely stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

the 4 of us stayed in a two bedroom, fully functional, villa with two bedrooms/bathrooms. The decor was fresh, the rooms sparkling clean and our villa had a lovely deck with patio furniture and vines to shade. The gardens are beautiful with flowers everywhere! We thoroughly enjoyed being poolside with Sara and her great drink mixing, YUM, Also the dining experience was excellent and we stayed for 2 meals there, highly recommend it! Our host Barb was just a lovely person who was helpful and kind, loved these two ladies. truly a most lovely place to stay. The beach is a 7-8 minute walk, but we only went once as we rented a car and did our own exploring. If I had anything negative to say at all, it's that the beds were very hard! but that would not stop me from returning or recommending this lovely place to others! Enjoy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Novorossisk, Krasnodar, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I had the distinct honor of being the first guest of the 2012 season. Barbara greeted me with a big smile and some perfect advice about what to see in Naxos and where to get some great food. At her recommendation, I rented a car and saw the incredible interior of Naxos, which is as rich in history as it is in scenery. Breath-taking! This also allowed me to drive up and down the turquoise beaches, stopping to swim and take in some Greek food from tavernas on a whim as I drove. Many of my favorite beaches were close to Kavos.

The hotel is beautifully decorated in delicate island hues and is spotlessly clean. The bed was so comfortable and the bathroom was nicely arranged with a large shower and all in marble. The grounds are gorgeous and full of flowers. As I walked to my room the first evening, I thought it'd be hard to beat the exterior, but when I was showed into my room.... wow! Better than I'd even hoped. The colors, the furnishing, the comfort of the bed.... I was thrilled. The room and staff at Kavos made Naxos a series of smiles for me. I've done a lot of traveling in my time, but Kavos stands out as a favorite and I highly recommend it to someone who wants the whole experience.

By the way, Sarah at the bar makes an awesome banana daiquiri!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dartford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed at Kavos for five nights in mid August 2011, Travelling with my wife & two children aged 5 & 2. .

Prearranged transfers with Naxos Hotel Kavos, picked up & droped off with no problems.

The apartment we stayed in was fantanstic, comfortable, clean & well presented. Bathroom, master bedroom, lounge area and kitchen are decorated to a good standard.

Barbara and other staff were always helpful and made us feel welcome.

The grounds are very scenic and the gardens beautiful. The bar food & cocktails were really good. The pool was a nice size with a great view of the Island of Paros (I think).

Location - Secluded you will need a hire car.

Would I come back to Hotel Kavos..... of course I would. We had a truely wonderful time at Hotel Kavos and really enjoyed the island, there are some really great beaches, (Plaka, Agia Anna to name just a couple) and the old town Chora is just magical, with its temple of Apollo, the old castle, the mazes of the old market, lovely restuarants..... I could go on & on.

I have been to a few places in Greece over the years and Naxos is Special.

I hope you find this review helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Naxos Hotel Kavos? Share your experiences!