Four days at Villa Marandi made us wish for many more. This small collection of white two-story buildings is located at the end of a dirt road, 10 minutes by car from the main port, Chora and only 10 minutes further south to the great beaches of Agios Prokopios, Agia Anna and Plaka. A rental car, arranged by and delivered to the hotel, is necessary since this is a relatively isolated location, although a very pleasant place in which to relax by the pool, share a drink under the arbor-covered dining area or read a good book on your terrace. Their beach is on a windy stretch of sand that can be very inviting in the right conditions, however, some of the Greek Island’s best beaches are minutes away and offer sunbeds, umbrellas, beach-side dining or, at the more remote ends and further afield, blissful solitude.
Our room was one of the honeymoon suites on an upper level with a separate living room, small but adequate bathroom and kitchenette. The terrace is enormous and overlooks the bay and Chora, in the distance.
It would be a shame not to explore the island. It has a fertile, mountainous interior with centuries-old olive groves, sleepy mountain villages and historic fortresses built and rebuilt by successive waves of Venetian, Roman, Turkish and Persian invaders. Trucks stacked with sacks of Naxian potatoes rumble through the countryside and tiny white churches sit improbably on the craggiest peaks.
With Villa Marandi as your base, the entire island offers many destinations that are easy day trips, with a wonderful, locally sourced meal as a reward upon your return. When you read through the reviews, it is obvious that the immensely courteous and helpful staff is a vital part of the formula for its success. Add to this the excellent rooms, intimate dining experience and proximity to seaside amenities, a stay at the Villa Marandi is a thoroughly winning proposition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Marandi Suites, is a luxury boutique hotel, offering 16 magnificent suites, set on a beautiful beach in the Stelida area, just 5 km from the town of Naxos. It is the ideal destination for the discerning travelers, who seek a tranquil and high quality place for their vacation. It is an excellent choice for families, as well as for honeymooners and romance seeking travelers. Being centrally located, one can not only enjoy the best beaches of the island, but also explore the beautiful nature and learn the history of Naxos. Villa Marandi Suites "your home away from home..." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and T4B so you can book your Villa Marandi Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Marandi Hotel Stelida
- Marandi Hotel Naxos City
- Villa Marandi Luxury Suites Naxos/Stelida