Wonderful holiday in a first class resort, We got married at Christmas and postponed our honeymoon to the summer. This is a fantastic resort, the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, rooms are spotlessly clean. We were upgraded from a room to a suite as we were on honeymoon, a bottle of champagne on ice was waiting for us. When we arrived, our flight had been delayed, it was close to 1.00a.m. and I had been panicking on the bus there would be nowhere open and we were starving! We were told on arrival that there was a cold buffet we could have and apologies for it not being a hot dinner, what a relief!
We had read the reviews before we left and it just far exceeded our expectations. There is a private beach attached to the hotel, the pool bar is just it, a pool bar where you can order from the pool. The beach is a pebbled beach and we would recommend buying a pair of aqua shoes as it is hard on your feet but once we got them, we were happy.
The bar staff come to you on the beach with tasters of cocktails, fruit juice, ice tea and beer. We upgraded from half board to all inclusive for 20.00 each per day which was well worth it. Food was fabulous, we had waited to upgrade until we saw that we were happy but it was an excellent choice each day. I am vegetarian and found a good selection, there was no meal where I had to "make do". Would definitely say my favourite meal of the day was lunch, they did a barley pasta with vegetables which was to die for. My husband enjoyed octopus and said that it was the best that he had tasted.
From the staff at reception, the pool bar to the restaurant, they were so kind and so helpful, the bar man even brought me extra ice for my cocktail when my husband forgot!
This is the first time I have gone on holiday and the resort is exactly as it says on the brochure, I've fallen in love with Crete and the Grand Bay in particular and have started my nagfest to go back next year.
Thank you so much, for the upgrade, the wonderful welcome, the attention to detail, we are missing you already! Briony and Arnaud.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like an island within an island, this is GRAND BAY BEACH RESORT. Understated design, attention to detail, instinctive hospitality, tasteful food and a personalised approach are only a few of the ingredients which make our small "island" a very special getaway, ideal for those who seek tranquillity and calmness, excellent cuisine, and upgraded spaces and services.GRAND BAY BEACH RESORT is located directly on the 3 km long beach of the scenic fishing village of Kolymbari, amongst scenery of unparalleled beauty, and near settlements that retain their traditional Cretan character, just 23 km west of the most picturesque town of Crete, Chania and about 35km away from its international airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Bay Beach Hotel Chania Town
- Grand Bay Beach Resort Crete/Kolymbari