if you are looking for an 'all inclusive' holiday then this is not the place to go. Although the food is ok, restaurant is clean I found the service to be far from 5 star. The food is only served at specific times of the day so if you have missed breakfast and are looking for an early lunch then forget it as you will be disappointed. Evening meals not available till 6:30 and sometimes later than that. Alcohol....what alcohol!!!! The drink is 100% watered down. We gave up with be drink as it was just watered down juice we were drinking. If you think you can walk out of the resort for local amenities then forget that also. 15 euro each way will take you to a lovely little fisherman town called sissi which is where we spent most of our time, eating out and enjoying the local cocktails at Ormos bar, very friendly staff.
I have no complaints about the room, it was lovely, cleaned every day and the cleaning staff were also lovely and trustworthy.
On waiting to checkout yesterday we noticed with the influx of new guests they were all getting welcome drinks. Something we missed out on for whatever reason.
The bar staff during the day were in no rush to serve, making you stand and wait while they dried glasses. It was very much 'my job is to clean these glasses and that is what I will do'. In the Laguna restaurant where you have to make a reservation there was absolutely no atmosphere at all and it was as fast as they could get you fed.
If you have mobility problems then avoid at all costs, the resort is situated on a mountain with killer walks to reception and restaurant areas.
Reception staff we found to be very helpful and all managers friendly but most other staff we found unapproachable and ill mannered
I will not be returning to this resort and definitely would not recommend.
Please be aware as beautiful as the Minos imperial is you will be disappointed by the standard here.
Not a honeymoon worth remembering really although we had a pleasant enough holiday
Mr and Mrs Templeton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Imperial is set in the Emerald Bay of the traditional fishing village of Milatos which is 45 km from Heraklion Airport. Minos Imperial is the perfect choice for a memorable luxury hotel experience offering genuine hospitality and a truly unforgettable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Hotel Milatos
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort And Spa
- Minos Imperial Crete
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa Milatos, Crete