We have travelled well and booked the higher end of the budget for this trip - please listen to your customers Minos Imperial ...."a two tier system does not work", you need to either go all out for 5* or settle for 4*, trying to do both leaves it feeling 3* . . concentrate your customer satisfaction on one of these and you'll be fine!
Employ more staff - seeing the same faces throughout the day working at different venues and in different capacities slowly questions the level of care and expertise offered to the customer, as i said earlier ...."do one thing well !"
I am often told that my food tastes are bland - Minos did nothing to help - food was ok but i don't remember anything being labelled so i had no idea what was its content, it wouldn't be hard to do as its pretty much the same every day no matter which establishment you decided to tackle.
On this note i will also remind you of your dress code, I phoned reception regards this for the evening dining to which i was informed "no shorts in the dining area !" . . .really??... so why not enforce it ? Come on Minos put your foot down - "do one thing well !" - seeing a pattern emerge yet?
We received an "invitation " for the managers evening meal - well we didn't receive it but told about it then had to queue for 20 mins to be seated - crazy!!
How about some shows for the adults?,and before you answer that i don't mean a guy on a piano and two dancers - nothing after 11pm - i don't even go to bed that eary at home !!
Question to you at Minos Imperial - do you actually block the 3G signal so you can sell Wi-Fi ?
200 yards either side full 3G ? Please answer.......
Fellow travellers it is in the middle of nowhere but you know that if you did your research - so hire a car for a day.
On the plus side now - what a room! We called it the "turret suite" ground floor think it was 614 - it was access all areas and a huge surprise at 1.30am when we arrived and had no issues with the room or laundry throughout our stay, see... easy!
Remember Minos Imperial . . ."do one thing well!" and go for 5* as it feels like 3* and for heavens sake get an electric golf cart for transport !!
Would we return or recommend you ? Drop the system you have - you may think it does but it doesn't work, you can throw all the money you want at the place but nothing will change,lose the deadwood staff - some seem to enjoy working there some don't and that can only undermine the good ones, tell me when you done this and we will be back .....with family and friends!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Imperial is set in the Emerald Bay of the traditional fishing village of Milatos which is 45 km from Heraklion Airport. Minos Imperial is the perfect choice for a memorable luxury hotel experience offering genuine hospitality and a truly unforgettable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Hotel Milatos
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort And Spa
- Minos Imperial Crete
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa Milatos, Crete