After reading all the reviews before we left I was slightly apprehensive, but after my experience i cannot understand the bad reviews and would definitely return to the hotel. Me and my girlfriend recently spent a week at the resort and generally we thought it was fantastic. We found that some aspects of the hotel were rated a 5 star but probably a few were only a 4 star. Firstly the room was absolutely brilliant, we stayed premium all inclusive and had a full sea view over looking the quiet private pool which was nice. we liked that fact that there were always sun beds available regardless of the time of day you went down by the pools. in fact the entire setting of the hotel is fantastic, it really is spacious! We were really impressed by the amount of pools as well as the size of them. we found the food in the other restaurants were excellent, although I would say the main buffet restaurant is more like a normal 4 star buffet but there was still enough to cater for any kind of person. The location is brilliant if you want a relaxing chilled out experience as it in a secluded spot but the nearest village is only a 10 minute walk along the coast. The private beach is also great with plenty of beds, sun on it all day with plenty of water activities jet skis etc if that is your kind of thing. We found the staff in general to be really friendly and helpful. The only major downside we found which is repeating others and mentioning the amount of Russians and how the vast majority didn't seem to understand that it is rude to just push in front of you in queue for food and drink etc. But other than that little moan the hotel is brilliant and wouldn't hesitate to go back.
P.S a message to the hotel, one member of staff made our holiday, it was the pool barman I think his name was Iaonnis or something like that. The man was brilliant serving us drinks on a night time he was always smiling, he made us want to stay outside and stay clear of the grumpy barman on the inside bar. Iaonnis was generally a really nice bloke answering all our queries, couldn't rate him highly enough!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Imperial is set in the Emerald Bay of the traditional fishing village of Milatos which is 45 km from Heraklion Airport. Minos Imperial is the perfect choice for a memorable luxury hotel experience offering genuine hospitality and a truly unforgettable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort And Spa
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Hotel Milatos
- Minos Imperial Crete
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa Milatos, Crete