“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Milatos
Riga, Latvia
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Minos is very good place for holiday! A lof of pools, restaurants, good bars and life music! speciale - Veranda bar, you can spend a nice evening in very good atmosphere. Dance, good service! nice personal, helpfull, anderstanding.
and nice ladys in receptione!
would be good to have animation and gym in Oktober too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

823 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was the first holiday myself and my partner had been on in 2 years, whilst we enjoyed the break even with the bad weather at the time, this hotel was very disappointing. We stayed in early October 2013 and upon arrival found the lady at reception very helpful and friendly and the surroundings aesthetically pleasing. We booked all inclusive with our travel operator without realising there are different types of all inclusive at this hotel, this is something I have never experienced before. The fridge in the hotel room came with a complementary bottle of water however we had to purchase our own after this, not something I would class as all inclusive. The room itself was clean and modern however the mattress was like sleeping on a rock, little did we know until reading other reviews that you could request something softer, we were not made aware of this. Most of the staff were rude and unhelpful, especially a well built gentleman working behind the bar of an evening, at one stage he would not serve us another drink until we had completely finished the ones we had and returned the glasses to the bar. Additionally he would only serve one drink per person, again something I've never come across in another 5* all inclusive resort I stayed at in Turkey. The large salt water pool was rather smelly however the heated pool on the upper floor was lovely. I would certainly recommend taking a walk along the coast line to Sisi, it's a beautiful village with some lovely restaurants who's staff are wonderful and really look after you. This hotel could be wonderful if the staff underwent some proper training regarding customer care, maybe they could visit Isil Clun in Bodrum, Turkey to see how it's done. I will certainly not waste any more of my precious pennies on this average hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MINOS_IMPERIAL_GR12, Manager at Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Sirs,

We would like to underline the fact that a precise description of the All Inclusive formula you were booked with(according the terms of your Tour Operator ) ,was explained from the beginning-upon your Arrival in Resort : a basic AI concept at attractive rate for a period of stay during October/end of season !
The possibility for an Upgrade to our "Diamond Class"All Inclusive at extra charge -was also mentioned upon Arrival by our Hotel Reception staff , but it seems that you were actually happy with the concept provided to you by your booking agent .
We consider there is no rude personnel involved in Hospitality business ,but a friendly guest can also motivate the personnel to a happy & joyful attidude .
It is advisable that you track very carefully the description given by your travel agent for your next vacation .
A bottle of water in your room or a better accommodation unit provided , attending to a more comfortable vacation of yours should have been just welcoming !!!
rossendale, lancs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I'm planning a very special extended family group trip, so I have lots of picky requirements. I have emailed this hotel to sort out arrangements and check numerous things - they have always responded promptly, politely and very helpfully, with a number of great suggestions and ideas I hadn't even thought of too! If our visit in May is half as good as the customer service I've had in arranging it, it will be a superb holiday - thanks to the kind and helpful admin staff at Minos Imperial! I arrange a lot of trips and hotels are very rarely as helpful as this one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in, do not believe the good reviews! I have stayed in better travel lodges in England.

The food was horrendous, the VIP suite was shabby and dirty, the staff were rude and the place is generally a 1 star hotel.

Please take my advice and go somewhere else if you don't want to waste your money and want to have a half decent time!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We do realize the above review has been loaded by a competitor ,which does not bother us that much !
We only revert with a reply aiming to a remind that loading a review is a serious matter itself t & it may have as an unpleasant result personnel to be sent away !
Odense, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This hotel is placed in a very remote area. It might have been good 10-15 years ago, but now it is just old and worn down.
The restaurant is total chaos! We moved after just one night! Only positive thing is the view!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We do consider the review is compiled by competitors , which does not surprises us that much !

We just revert t because we feel the obligation to underline the fact that loading a review is a critical issue itself with occasionally unpleasant results for personnel : unfairly can be sent away from job position !
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed at this resort in September. After reading reviews on here after I booked and paid already I was a bit skeptical but after arriving in the early hours of the morning, I was quite surprised that it looked better than I thought it would. The room was immaculate and cleaned very well each day during our stay. The general grounds of the resort is kept neat and tidy as well and its covering quite a vast area which is great for walking around. The food is definitely not top notch I'm afraid to say and quite repetitive although it was not the worst I have ever had. In terms of the staff, well, that is something else altogether. The restaurant teams are absolutely horrendous if you happen to be in their way. They are rude, never smile, don't respond to you when you ask them a question and laugh and make fun of guests behind their work stations. Even though the resort is quite clearly not a a 5 star property I will definitely say the unhelpful and disgusting behaviour of some staff (not everyone!) really brings down the quality of the overall feeling of this resort. Having said that, the 10 days we spent there was good and relaxing. We loved the room, the food was edible and the swimming pools with plenty of sunbeds were great for what we were after: days in the sun, relaxing and winding down. The few things that really let the place down was their rude staff and their absolutely atrocious internet connection - the two things I hoped would be good. In general, I think the resort does deserve a little bit more credit than its given on here although there is plenty of room for improvement, just like at any other resort across the globe five star or not.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the last week before the hotel closed for the season. We did not expect much having booked late and it was the first all inclusive holiday we had booked. We were presently surprised with the quality and variety of food and the staff went out of their way to look after us. The hotel laid on entertainment for us on various evenings including a terrific barbecue and Cretan evening (photo attached of some of the buffet). The hotel is a little remote and a hire car is needed to get around and the wifi is not free.
I would suggest the following to the hotel to improve the enjoyment of guests:
a ) perhaps consider arranging a minibus so guests can travel to main towns. (a taxi to one of the main towns cost 43 euro one way which is a little expensive).
b) An induction for new guests to show them around the hotel and explain what they can and cannot use as we wandered into the Diamond Class breakfast buffet on the first morning by mistake (there did not appear to be much difference in the food in any event ).
c) include free wifi as a large number of guests now download books to read on Kindles etc.
I would recommend the hotel to friends and overall a great vacation.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!