This was the first holiday myself and my partner had been on in 2 years, whilst we enjoyed the break even with the bad weather at the time, this hotel was very disappointing. We stayed in early October 2013 and upon arrival found the lady at reception very helpful and friendly and the surroundings aesthetically pleasing. We booked all inclusive with our travel operator without realising there are different types of all inclusive at this hotel, this is something I have never experienced before. The fridge in the hotel room came with a complementary bottle of water however we had to purchase our own after this, not something I would class as all inclusive. The room itself was clean and modern however the mattress was like sleeping on a rock, little did we know until reading other reviews that you could request something softer, we were not made aware of this. Most of the staff were rude and unhelpful, especially a well built gentleman working behind the bar of an evening, at one stage he would not serve us another drink until we had completely finished the ones we had and returned the glasses to the bar. Additionally he would only serve one drink per person, again something I've never come across in another 5* all inclusive resort I stayed at in Turkey. The large salt water pool was rather smelly however the heated pool on the upper floor was lovely. I would certainly recommend taking a walk along the coast line to Sisi, it's a beautiful village with some lovely restaurants who's staff are wonderful and really look after you. This hotel could be wonderful if the staff underwent some proper training regarding customer care, maybe they could visit Isil Clun in Bodrum, Turkey to see how it's done. I will certainly not waste any more of my precious pennies on this average hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Imperial is set in the Emerald Bay of the traditional fishing village of Milatos which is 45 km from Heraklion Airport. Minos Imperial is the perfect choice for a memorable luxury hotel experience offering genuine hospitality and a truly unforgettable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Venere, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort And Spa
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Hotel Milatos
- Minos Imperial Crete
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa Milatos, Crete