Probably once upon a time the hotel really was deluxe 5 stars but not now. Except of beautiful location above a sea and architectures design nothing left from that deluxe. The all-inclusive course does not include much- only main dining room and a couple of poor bars.
The main dining room – no air to breath, if you want to eat normally you should come at early open hours and then no need to wait in line and possible to catch a table on a terrace. Tables inside don't have air conditioners and the heat which comes from a stands of pancakes/ grill and pizza ovens is terrible. The food is ok but oily and one evening the mayo salads were rotten. They make 10 pounds of spaghetti and put it in a few places and it seems like there is variability. Also the fish was frozen/ unfrozen probably several times before they served it and the dishes not always clean.
The hotel serves soft drinks like Pepsi but not bottled, they have a machine which mixes the water with the syrup- could be nice but the pool bar doesn't have a water filter so your Pepsi is salty. Lucky they did put a filter in the main dining room. By the way, except from the 3 meals there is no snack bar at all, in the first day we missed dinner and at 9 PM there was nothing we could eat - there is small shop which sells bottled water and some snacks.
We stayed in upgraded room with a private pool, and it saved the vacation- those rooms worth it.
The maintains of the rooms is bad, a blanket was ripped a phone wasn't working. If you think that it is not an issue, a phone, we have cell phones, well, it becomes an issue when in the middle of a night a glass bathroom door collapses and you can't call to a reception and need to go there. After we told them that a door collapsed they asked did it collapsed by itself? (Probably, a lot of guests bring hammers to a hotel and help glass door to collapse). No manager asked if anybody heart, is everything ok, apologize, a small compensation maybe… but on the next day very polite letter was kindly asking us to pay for a broken glass door. After few trying we found a manager who was very polite. He wrote all our complains and promised to take care of (we haven't see it happened for that few days that we still were staying there). The cleaning of a room is good but if you are sleeping at a noon and ask no to disturb they don't do extra round and you should ask them to come (and if you don't have a working phone in a room you should go to reception ).
We were leaving in the middle of a night, so evening before we asked a reception at 3AM to send over a bell boy in order to help with the language. Off course no one did come and we carried it all by ourselves. Why we didn't call to remind them to come? Have an educated guess… By the way our friend which phone was working did call them to ask where is a bell boy and the answer he got was: " Tell them to leave it there I will pick it up later" (when later if the ride is coming in a 10 minutes? and why later- it is 3 AM! )
PS - when I read reviews before I go somewhere I try always to remember that there are many people characters and not always everybody will be happy and always there will be some complains, if I was reading my review I would think that I am messed person. Well dear readers I am not it is a messed hotel. Best wishes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Imperial is set in the Emerald Bay of the traditional fishing village of Milatos which is 45 km from Heraklion Airport. Minos Imperial is the perfect choice for a memorable luxury hotel experience offering genuine hospitality and a truly unforgettable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort And Spa
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Hotel Milatos
- Minos Imperial Crete
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa Milatos, Crete