I always said I'd write a review for this place as I read so many bad reviews before I went in July/August and they were unjustified.
Firstly if you book this hotel expecting it to be like a Four Seasons, but you have only paid the standard All Inclusive rate, then you need to sit back and reflect on how much you want to spend on a holiday. This hotel for the majority of time we were there, was friendly, bar service was good, white wine and beer was fine, some of the spirits were a little different to premium but hey you're in Greece.
The food was good and most days there was enough variety, fantastic pizza place, cooked fresh. The pool restaurant really good, friendly and fun. The loveliest place to sit was down near the Tropical bar with the large pool and decent sun beds. We had 2 kids 4 and 5 and both loved the pool.
The 2 bedroom room we had was spacious, bathroom really good.
The reception staff were mainly brilliant we had to see the doctor at the hotel and they were really helpful. But if you need anything, just ask them.
There was the odd waiter here and there that were sour faced, but most of the serving staff were polite and helpful - this is a large and busy hotel so it's going to manic at meal times.
I could go on and on, but overall for the price you pay, which may seem a lot to some families who bad mouth it, but's it's good value if you book in advance and get a good deal.
Most amazing 5* hotels AI will set you back £7k for a 10 day holiday in August, so at inbetween £3-4K, I think you need to put in perspective.
Finally, nightmare Russians, there are everywhere and rude, but it's not the hotels fault that they are all Russian.
Thanks Hotel Minos, we had a lovely holiday and really enjoyed ourselves, we were rested and speak highly to those who ask. And to the rest of the doubters, you have to go for yourself. But if you want somewhere which is perfect in every way, then get your credit card out and spend more money, it really is as simple as that! And perhaps the reason that you are coming here, is because you can't afford to go to those places which will tick every box known to man!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Imperial is set in the Emerald Bay of the traditional fishing village of Milatos which is 45 km from Heraklion Airport. Minos Imperial is the perfect choice for a memorable luxury hotel experience offering genuine hospitality and a truly unforgettable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Hotel Milatos
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort And Spa
- Minos Imperial Crete
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa Milatos, Crete