My and daughter and I have literally just return from MInos and had a totally wonderful holiday. I just don't understand the reviews or the comment. I feel like we must have stayed at a different resort. Holidays and experiences are very subjective and I feel really that some of the comments on this site are completely unjustified and are adding to some people anxieties about their forthcoming holiday. I know that I almost cancelled and I rang the hotel a few days before as I was so stress about the resort's cleanliness, facilities and staff behaviour. It is without exaggeration that I say this resort is beautiful, plentiful and very clean. The problem with the resort is some of the guests. My daughter and I witnessed some very unpleasant behaviour mostly greediness and a general lack respect for the staff and facilities. Also some people seemed very uptight about status especially the Russians who dominate all of Crete and seem to measure happiness in how much they can take but one has to just ignore them and actually we found them very amusing.
The food was brilliant and plentiful especially the Greek dishes which most people ignore and overlooked for chips pizza and cake. So if you love trying new foods you'll be fine. The hotel staff were so hard working we have greetings everyday and enjoyed finding out more about life in CRete and Greece. Special thanks goes to Irene on reception for her helpfulness and friendly attitude and Manolis ( with the braces) in the main restaurant for being happy fun interested in our holiday and generally lovely.
We stayed half board not fully inclusive through Thomas Cook and could not have had a better holiday. I am sad that I was so worried before I went.
Honestly give this place a break and relax have fun. Don't stress about stuff that doesn't matter. Enjoy the Fiesta, take up Salsa, take in the stunning scenery., get to know the locals
I hope my review help. We will return to Minos x
- Also Known As:
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort And Spa
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Hotel Milatos
- Minos Imperial
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Hotel
- Minos Imperial Crete
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa Milatos, Crete
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Imperial is set in the Emerald Bay of the traditional fishing village of Milatos which is 45 km from Heraklion Airport. Minos Imperial is the perfect choice for a memorable luxury hotel experience offering genuine hospitality and a truly unforgettable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.