I stayed with my husband in the Minos Imperial at the beginning of October and it was very comfortable and beautiful. We did not expect such quality that you normally would only find in the very expensive luxurious hotels. The deco in the colours of gold and olive really gives it a luxury feel together with the white marbel bathroom. And especially the bed was very comfortable. I have some special requirements because of my lower back problem so I asked it is was possible to have a soft matrass, which I got. It was lovely to read a book in bed before getting to sleep (the reading light next to the bed was very useful, so that my husband would not be distrubed by too much light in the room).
We did not spend a lot of time in the room, but when we did we used the high tech equipment, which was like a home cinema - great sound, 40" TV, CD & DVD and we could connect our camera through a USB to review our snap shots - we even connected the Iphone and listened to our own music. The rooms were just top class and very clean.
The gardens of the hotel are vast, beautiful and immaculately kept and there were trees on the beach giving you natural shade during the day. Although the sea can be a bit rough at times, the last few days the sea was still and we spend a lot of time on the beach and swimming in the sea, which we really enjoyed.
We stayed at many 5* hotels before and we know that they tend to be out of town, so we rented a car to explore a bit of the island. We never expected that Crete was so beautiful - there is so much to see and do. We went to Plaka (near Agios Nikolaos) and this was stunning with a view over Spinalonga. We also went to Heraklion for some shopping and were very pleasantly surprised as it had lots of pedestrian shopping areas and lovely cafes and bars.
In the hotel, the food options were plentiful. The main buffet had so much choice that it was too much but the quality of everything was exceptional. And you dont even have to eat from the main buffet, we also went to some of the restaurants for breakfast and in the evening we had a la carte dinner (with 4 restaurants there is plenty to chose from).
I want to give special mention to the staff of the hotel. As it was the end of the season, you could tell that they were a little tired, but they were so friendly and helpful making us feel very welcome. As there were not so many people staying in the hotel, the staff spend a lot of time with us telling us where to go and what to see, which we gladly took as great advice.
As we have had some not so good experiences with all inclusive holidays, I just wanted to say that the quality of the drinks were all great - Pepsi cola and all the international alcoholic brands you would want.
We had a lovely holiday in Crete and our stay at the Minos Imperial was special. Thank you for everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Imperial is set in the Emerald Bay of the traditional fishing village of Milatos which is 45 km from Heraklion Airport. Minos Imperial is the perfect choice for a memorable luxury hotel experience offering genuine hospitality and a truly unforgettable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort And Spa
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Hotel Milatos
- Minos Imperial Crete
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa Milatos, Crete