After searching for some time for a holiday, we booked diamond class at the Minos Imperial, as it had everything we needed to celebrate our silver wedding. Or so we thought. Well what a disapointment, the food was cold and substandard to say the least, the a la carte restaraunts were all closed, some of the bars and pools were also closed, the out door lift was out of order, which was unfortunate for some people with health problems, as the grounds of the hotel were very hilly, therfore it was difficult to get to the only bar that was open through the day for refreshments. We booked a VIP junior suite which offered a turn down service each night,it never happened, during our stay our room was not kept to the standard of cleanliness I would expect, on occations our cups were not washed, floors not swept and toilet not washed. Our tea and coffee etc were never replenished, we brought the above to attention of the management, and got the impression they could not care less. It was abviouse the hotel was closing for the season and the guests were just an inconvenience, which in my oppinion is totally unacceptable.
when we complained to the restaraunt manager about the dress code in the evening not being adheared to, ie guests wearing shorts and flip flops, he said he did not want to approach those guests in case there was trouble, we were totally shocked at this attitude.
I can honestly say our stay at the Minos Imperial was memorable, and not for all the right reasons. If it had not been for the fact we hired a car our holiday would have been a disaster.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort And Spa
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Hotel Milatos
- Minos Imperial
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Hotel
- Minos Imperial Crete
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa Milatos, Crete
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Imperial is set in the Emerald Bay of the traditional fishing village of Milatos which is 45 km from Heraklion Airport. Minos Imperial is the perfect choice for a memorable luxury hotel experience offering genuine hospitality and a truly unforgettable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.