We're a 25-something married couple and the thought of a week away under the Grecian sun in a child free zone sound too good to be missed.
We didn't overly prepare for this trip as it was just a week away to the sun - but it actually turned out to be a lot more.
Our stay was between 16-23rd September 2012.
was in the evening. Landed 8:45pm and it was 29 degree Celsius!!!
40 mins after landing in Kreta we were already in the Restaurant having dinner. The Receptionist said it was closing so we could eat - and then take our bags to our room
Check in & Room :
We were taken to our room by car - and it was the furthest corner from reception but the walk would keep us healthy afterall we're eating all-inclusive and the room was just like the brochure pics. Clean, modern and fresh. We loved the bathroom and the glass wall
Cleaned daily, beds made and fresh towels daily too. The cleaning staff were great too. We came back early one day and they were still in there - so we just sat outside while they got on with it. Took a while - so we know they do a thorough job.
Food & Drink
How can people complain when there is so much variety
Breakfast was always fun. The yogurts, fruit and cereal for the more healthy
Lunch - salads, meats, pastas, rice, veg, fish. All sorts and the make your own soup was good fun too.
Again all good and so much to choose from.
Al La Carte - maybe others stayed when it was busy - but we had no problems at all booking into the Italian and the Chinese Restaurants. We actually preferred the Italian out of the two.
Main Restaurant Manager was always smiling and welcoming and the waiting staff were friendly and very efficient too.
Evenings - we spent every one in the main bar area -on the terrace. Good music, a mixed clientele, and one evening they had a live trio that played romantic standards and hits. TV was on for those wanting to watch the football. It was all very relaxed.
We would rate it a 4.5 star (5 if the bar was free after 11pm) - and everything was clean and well kept.
We would go back to the hotel and reccommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing kiddie free escape - less than 40 mins from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Imperial is set in the Emerald Bay of the traditional fishing village of Milatos which is 45 km from Heraklion Airport. Minos Imperial is the perfect choice for a memorable luxury hotel experience offering genuine hospitality and a truly unforgettable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort And Spa
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Hotel Milatos
- Minos Imperial Crete
- Minos Imperial Luxury Beach Resort & Spa Milatos, Crete