“Not our best choice during our holiday” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Bruges
“Not our best choice during our holiday”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was our worst experience when eating out during our stay in Magione this summer. Although there is a nice view over the lake, the restaurant is poorly decorated and not cosy at all. I have the impression that in the summer it is mainly frequented by guests of the residences nearby because the place was suddenly overflooded with people in shorts & baseball caps with their children. Because that was the reason our main course was cold, I think the staff could not manage the sudden flow of people. The first course was ok. I would like to come back to this region, but not to this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Umbria
“A lovely lunch with a great view of the lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I went to this lovely restaurant, which I had been to in the past with a business colleague, and she was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, the service and most especially the view.
The restaurant is located on Lake Trasimeno and has a beautiful veranda with a lovely green garden leading up to the lake. In the distance one can see one of the islands and further away the small town of Castiglione del Lago.
We went there for lunch and shared a nice appetizer consisting of some nice fish from the lake done in different ways (fried, broiled, in salad, etc.), followed by a home-made pasta and fish skewers.
As a rule, I always try to eat the local products so that the freshness and quality can be fully appreciated, thus I suggest to steer away from the seafood and stick to the lake fish or local meats.
A nice touch was the quality of the breads offered, which to me is a sign of a well run eating establishment.
After the plentyful lunch, my wife and I decided to lay back on the grass for a quick nap...
A well deserved rest.
Back on the road and good eating.

• Visited June 2011