“Magical” 5 of 5 stars

Byblos Art Hotel Villa Amista
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Cedrare 78, 37029 Corrubbio di Negarine, Italy   |
“Magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was at first a bit disappointed that the hotel was not in the city but after arriving at the hotel I had to take back what I thought. The whole experience was magical, the art was out of this world , the gardens were beautiful and the service complimented this wonderful stay at this fabulously somewhat different hotel! Definitely worth a visit. Spent loads of time taking pics of the art, great experience.a free shuttle service to the city centre is available.
Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

In this hotel you are surrounded by art everywhere. Turning each corner gave me surprise. Paintings, video art, furniture, even scribblings on the wall to tickle your senses. Unlike a museum, you don't visit the art, here you live it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The design was quirky but fun. The hotel was comfortable and the food was adequate. The pool however was overrun with very noisy and obnoxious Russian guests. They were not threatening but they made the space uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on top floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and I didn't want to leave a such of paradisiac atmosphere.
A glorious garden Flowers smell as your car door is opened by a polite man and an interesting contrast between the historical building and the contemporary pieces of art all around.
I had a dinner at their restaurant as well and it was excellent too.
A place to be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Haslemere, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I found this online for an unplanned trip at very short notice and we were delighted. A beautiful villa in glorious gardens, with a lovely swimming pool. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful, the food was excellent, and the room delightful. The art is quite spectacular too!

This is a great location just outside Verona and a 20-minute drive from Lake Garda.

We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We were given a room in an annexe - a period building nestling in the garden, and it was very quiet...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is one of the places that one you have found them, your reget not having found earlier. A brilliant place with great facilties and a realy excellent staff. The holtel is talently decorated with intriguing pieces of moderd art that blend perfectly with the history of the nice builing.

Its situation just outside of Verona may seem a handicap but the hotel and the complimentary shuttle service make this handicap into an adavantage.

This is must vist place for everybody who wants to enjoy the cultural delights of Verona and enjoy a very good hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family and I stayed here 2 years ago and we were very impressed with this property and I gave it 5 stars on my last review. I was so looking forward to coming back. We returned this time with another family and stayed for 3 nights. I had raved about this hotel to our friends. I was somewhat disappointed this time - unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, this villa is still very beautiful with impeccable landscaping and a stunning entrance with flowers and fountain. The pool is still my favourite feature and it is truly relaxing to lie around the pool outdoors amongst the beautiful flowers etc. The room we had this time was larger than what we had last time and my family and I appreciated the extra space. Unfortunately, there were a few issues with our room. The shower "door" was very small and inadequate so the bathroom floor flooded every time we showered. This was a problem for every room. They really need to redesign the showers in all the rooms. It seems silly to be in such a fancy hotel only to have all the showers spray all over the floor. Our king bed broke half way through our stay and had to be fixed. They did offer to move us to another room but I didn't want to move to a smaller room, so we waited the 24 hrs for it to be fixed. After that, it was fine.

My biggest complaint is that we had to pay for wifi. For a luxury hotel where we were paying almost 600 euros a night, I think they should have provided wifi for free. They did give us a free wifi card which was good for 500 MB and 2 devices, but you couldn't use the 2 devices concomitantly! Since we each had 2 devices in our family (and I think most people do these days - laptop, smartphones, iPads etc) and 500 MB doesn't go very far, we had to purchase more wifi time - which I think is ridiculous when you are paying that much for a room!

Breakfast was included with our room and we enjoyed that very much. It was less extensive than the last time we were here but still, there were a lot of choices and very tasty. Dining in the garden was lovely.

We were a bit disappointed with the service this time. Overall, it was still very good but just not quite as attentive as the last time. There had been a large turnover of staff since our visit 2 years ago - only 2 of the original staff was still there. The little touches of remembering our names and what we liked for breakfast etc was gone. Everyone was still very pleasant and helpful but it just wasn't quite as impressive as last time.

This is still a very lovely 5 star hotel located in beautiful Valpolicella region. I was still very impressed with the landscaping and the charm of the hotel and service was still very good. However, for the price you pay, I think management need to make wifi available for free and work on improving service with attention to small personal touches and details. Improve the shower door so the bathrooms don't flood - you do that, and you will get 5 stars from me again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Byblos Art Hotel Villa Amista? Share your experiences!