Great hotel for our halfterm holiday. The rooms are big and our 2 bedroom suite was actually 3 rooms with the connecting doors unlocked, giving us a king bedroom, lounge room and twin room although we had to get the twin opened up on arrival. So lots of space and an outdoor jacuzzi.
The staff are generally helpful and friendly although service in the restaurant was a bit patchy. The theme night was a fight for a table with the all inclusive guests behaving as if they were entitled to priority seating and little organisation from overworked staff.
Plus points are the pool area and the concierge. Downside was the leak in the lounge after the tropical downpour (we did go in rainy season) and long drive over large speed bumps in and out of the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands