We stayed at The Magdalena in September for a couple of weeks on a half board basis, this hotel is definitely the best on the island and would certainly recommend it. We had a suite which was very spacious, stayed in room 207/208 had a lovely view but did have to notify reception 4 separate times due to the air-conditioning unit leaking in the living room but they rectified it and offered to move us on a couple of occasions.
The food was very good for a 4* hotel all the pools were very clean but the beach needed attention. One point of concern we had were the serving staff in the buffet restaurant not as attentive as they should be, often we had to ask for cutlery & coffee at breakfast & was often kept waiting for a long time then they had forgot so had to remind them again, maybe some extra customer service training in that area might be advisable. The A la carte restaurant was excellent.
Hired a car through Spence car hire for 3 days would recommend them & hiring a car to view the island at your leisure. We dived with R & Sea Divers who were pretty laid back as most of the dive centres are in Tobago.
Take a trip on the Sugar Lips boat at the beach next to Coco Reef Hotel, good fun & not over full. We found the island very safe & the people friendly & came home very relaxed a lovely holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.