Blue Waters Inn on the Atlantic side of this lovely Caribbean island of Tobago
This lovely resort is a very pleasent surprise.
Large accommodations with NEW baths all with waterfront views
Exceptionally good food was served at every meal with 3 or more selections and a special
Friday night a excellent steel drum band came to pool area for a few hours
A birding excursion was arranged to Little Tobago - excellent
Scuba diving ... has been very good with some great dives
Most days had beautiful blue water with 60 ft viz
Rolly on top with surge and current below (this week)
Our 2nd dive was exceptional
Green and murky going in but still visibility opened up to 25 ft or more
The usual suspects were about a golden spotted eel here a lobster there but then it started getting really good
Dive master was pointing out a large green Moray eel, I spotted a nice nurse shark below a ledge
Then a 4" brown seahorse was spotted, and then a golden beauty!
A slipper lobster was spotted then another (my firsts)
Another seahorse and then my dive buddy, Anna spotted a swimming octopus!!
All the while a 2-3 knot current was pushing us around a point!
Lucky I had my 12" pointer to allow me to stop and admire the beauty
1-2' chop on surface made getting into the boat a challenge, but we were up for it
To top it all off the Blue Waters Inn on Tobago is beautiful, plenty of hot water and the food served to you at the table is cuisine!
This island is known for birds ... So we are glad to have done a birding trip too
Many of our dearest diving friends and are all smiles
We will be back
Lots a fun
Paul & Sandy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With just 38 guest rooms and bungalows, Blue Waters Inn sits in 42 acres of tropical gardens directly on the beach at Batteaux Bay, Speyside, Tobago. Getting to us takes approximately 85 minutes from the airport. Speyside is super relaxed with quick access to the Main Ridge rainforest and the key underwater sites of the island. Twitchers and divers / snorkellers are very well catered for and the hotel is perfect for those wishing to simply switch off and enjoy the hotels tranquil location. The beach shelves gently and is considered safe for bathing. Lay by the pool or in the open air jacuzzi and admire the view across Batteaux Bay towards Bird Island and Little Tobago in the near distance. Learn to dive at our 5 star PADI Instructor Development Centre or explore the rainforest with one of the local guides. All our rooms are air-conditioned and face the sea. Most offer fabulous sea views and are only a few steps from the sand. The Bungalows are bigger and offer either one or two bedrooms. Deluxe rooms are also very spacious and have an open plan kitchen / living room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Blue Waters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Hotel Northeast Coast
- Blue Waters Inn Tobago/Speyside