“no communication offered reservation then backed out” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Horizons Tobago Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bacolet Bay
Horizons Tobago Apartments
You added Horizons Tobago Apartments to your Saves list
89 Bacolet Point, Bacolet Bay, Tobago   |
jersey
“no communication offered reservation then backed out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

I have been to Tobago several times and thought I would try my stay at Horizons. I emailed them and got a response about 10 days later saying my email got lost in the "junk" mail but that they would be happy to accomodate me, my fiancee, our 6 year old daughter for the length of stay we requested. I emailed back trying to send a deposit to confirm. There was no response for a week. I tried calling their phone number in the UK and it does not work. (I do have international calling/ i do know how to dial the uk, it just doesnt work). I finally got a reply saying they WOULD NOT be able to accomodate me because someone else extended their stay. There was no communication and I started feeling sketchy the moment I did not get a reply. I would not stay here, I would not trust that they will have a reservation for you!! Very hard to deal with!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
TobagoOwner, Owner at Horizons Tobago Apartments, responded to this review, February 15, 2010
I am sorry you were unable to make a booking, but I feel I must point out the following -

(1) We did 'not' take a deposit from you.

(2) Bookings are only confirmed when a deposit is taken.

(3) An existing guest delayed confirming their intention to stay on (and for how long), which unfortunately delayed my communication with you.

(4) It would have been inappropriate to take a deposit from you under these circumstances.

It is unfortunate that you were not able to make a booking to stay with us, but we have welcomed many visitors over the years from around the world, who have been very happy with the accommodation and service provided.

Couples
Solo
Business
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

Rochester, New York - USA - July 2008, My husband and I and our three kids vacationed at Horizons. I found Horizons on the web. It sounded good and I was glad to see the I was not disapointed. It was wonderful! We all loved the pool after coming back from a long day at the beach. My kids enjoyed the walk to the nearby beach because of the high wave - they like body surfing. The service was wonderful and the staff was great. It is definately on our list the next time we visit Tobago.

• Liked — Clean and the pool
  • Disliked — Taxi needed where ever you go
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

Tobago: Horizons Tobago
Date: March 31st 2008.

I live in New York, being originally from Trinidad and my boyfriend being an American, we dicided to visit my homeland, I've never been to Tobago. My boyfriend did a lot of searching online and found Horizons Tobago, he looked at the site and liked what he saw. We booked a 2 bedroom apt, there were 4 of us.
We were there from March 6th to March 10th 2008. We had a good time, the place is clean and quiet, the pool was nice but to cold for me, everyone else liked it. I liked the gardens and flowers "it's very pretty and I loved taking pictures of the fruits". However, the maid service was not very good, we saw the maid, she was very unfriendly and we never got any service from her,we had to do everything for ourselves. The place could use new pots and pans. The upside to this place is "it's quiet and you basically have the whole place to yourselves" the price is not bad and the grounds are beautiful." Knowing what to expect, I'd say we'll consider this place again when in Tobago.

Violet and "Glen"

• Liked — Hubert was very nice and friendly, when we got there he made sure and called to see if we were comfortable.
  • Disliked — There was no maid service and the place could use new kitchen cookwares.
  • Stayed March 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oxfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2007

We (4 adults) made a last minute booking at Horizon Apartments, because our original booking had let us down. This was our second visit to Tobago, and the magic was still there.
We were a little dubious to say the least, and avidly read the Trip Advisor comments - after we had booked! But what a surprise! Contrary to your other reviewers comments, we were whisked away to the apartment by the driver from Thrifty Car Rentals, who even stopped at Penny Savers (the largest supermarket on the island) so we could buy some beers and provisions. We need not have bothered, because on arrival there was milk, orange juice, tea, coffee, and bread in a 'welcome' pack'.

The apartments are in a residential area, surrounded by pretty gardens. The gate is kept locked at all times for security. The apartments, of which there are 4 (we had a first floor 2-bed) were clean, albeit a little dated. The air con must have been fixed (see previous reviewers comments) because it worked perfectly and the TV had enough channels to please everyone There was a good supply of cooking pots and pans, although a limited amount of plates - but we managed. there was constant hot water at all times. We stayed there the two weeks prior to Carnival, and for one week had the place to ourselves. The other week we shared with 4 lovely Canadians. The last two apartments remained empty for the whole of our stay. Olga, the housekeeper, looked after us well, and did everything she could to make our stay welcoming. Our only problem was that the safe did not work, and was one with very difficult combinations - not 'user friendly'.

The pool was a good size and in the sunshine, although it could do with some attention to the base, and some general maintenance. It was cleaned regularly by the pool man who visited most days. If all apartments were full, there would be a scramble for sun loungers, as there were not that many that were not damaged.

There is a lovely beach within walking distance, but if you wish to go further, you need to hire a car or call for a taxi (there is a phone in the apartment). We hired a car from Sheppy and got a great deal and a very new smart car. We would use Sheppy again.

We visited the Donkey Cart restaurant - again about 15 minutes walk away, and could definitely recommend a visit here. The food was great and Adrian is a character you must meet!

To summarise, the Horizon Tobago Apartments may not be as 'plush' as some of the hotels, but they are clean and very reasonably priced and we enjoyed our stay there.

Stayed February 2007
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2006

We stayed at Horizons in March 2006. We only stayed for 2 nights while we waited for our first choice accomodation to become available.

The pool area is very private (gate is kept padlocked at all times for security) and only shared by the 4 apartments - the other 3 were all empty while we were there, so we had it all to ourselves.

The apartment was well equipped (loads of satellite TV channels - mostly from USA), a blender, decent assortment of cooking pans etc.

Negatives? The air-con was noisey and the mosquito net had holes in it, so not a great night's sleep. The apartments are not really near to anything - the setting is a residential street outside Scarborough. You can walk to Scarborough in about 20-30 mins (we're fast walkers) but I wouldn't want to do it in the midday heat. Nearby restaurants are of dubious quality, so best get a car or cook for yourself.

The "welcome" was a bit weird - we reported to Thrifty car rentals office and after about 15 mins a guy turned up to collect us. Having got us in the car, he started as if to start helping some other chap who had pulled in to the parking area with fixing his wing mirror or something(!), so after sitting there 5 mins or so waiting, we had to go and ask him when we were leaving. Once underway, he didn't speak to us throughout the whole journey and only uttered a few one-word answers when he let us in to the apartment and we realised there was no reception nor anyone else around to ask questions.

A few hours later, we got a call from Hubert, the guy we had made the booking with, and he was very helpful and told us to call him if we had any questions. A lady was supposed to turn up the next day to see if we needed anything, but she sent her daughter instead - there wasn't really much she could help us with though.

All in all a pleasant and cheap option, but you'd need a car to get to the best bits of the island.

Oh, and if you call a taxi to come and pick you up from the aparment, telling them "89 Bacolet Point" is not enough - tell them it's the NEW Bacolet Point (the left fork) and they'll know where to go! We learnt that the hard way....

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2004

We hopped around Tobago in January (2004) with a stop for two nights at
Bacolet Point and the Horizons Tobago facility.It is a very quiet
location in an upscale suburb of Scarborough. Access to popular Bacolet
Bay beach is a 15 minute walk away but there is access to a smaller and
more secluded beach just around the corner. It is also only a short
walk to the windward beach.Some of the best restaurants in Tobago are
also within walking distance or a very short ride by car - e.g. Half
Blue Moon Hotel in the Donkey Cart House.Horizons Tobago also has an
excellent pool - shared by only four units. The grounds are nicely
landscaped with fan palms and a variety of shrubs and flowers.The air
conditioner (in the separate bedroom) was of the older, noisier variety
but the unit was nicely equipped with multi-channel television, full
kitchen, nice deck/balcony, etc. Guests also have access to a washer
and dryer/clothes lines.The manager and housekeeper were very
helpful.Downtown Scarborough (which has little to offer except
supplies) is just a few minutes away by car with a parking lot right
off Bacolet Road next to an excellent pharmacy, only a few steps from a
"supermarket" and bakery, etc.We would certainly stay at Horizons
Tobago again and recommend it as a pleasant and quiet alternative to
busier parts of the island.

Been to Horizons Tobago Apartments? Share your experiences!