“Great place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Bacolet Bay B&B and Inns
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

its clean, beautiful, and everyone was so nice. The pool and beach were great. Best hotel in tobago! Only wish it had room for families, like two queen beds. Otherwise we had a wonderful stay! Breakfast was included, which was really good.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a good weekend stay @ Bacolet Beach Club,the service was relatively good just had problems with a steady WiFi internet access. It dropped very often.Beyond this the room was clean, staff fairly hospitable, food tasted great and was inexpensive!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Based upon a gut feeling, before I had even checked in, I arranged to return to Bacolet Beach for the last couple of days of my stay in Tobago, that gut feeling proved to be correct! I arrived from my BA flight after dark, I checked in and a delightful receptionist showed me to my room. It was pleasantly furnished with a net bedecked king-sized four poster and all sorts of electronic entertainment. The spacious and well fitted shower room centred upon a large walk-in shower which I found to be excellent. When I woke in the morning I opened the curtains to a lovely view over the pool to the sea and near coastline below. I enjoyed breakfast and dinner every day in Café Havana, the hotel's Bar/Restaurant. I found the food good and tasty although I did think that a few additional daily specials would be good. I particularly enjoyed Lobster Thermidor. I found Breakfast perfectly adequate and with some variety.
Three or four dozen steps lead down through gardens to the delightful private beach washed by warm and, for the most part, gentle waves. Just above the beach is a spacious and atmospheric Bar where a wide variety of drinks and lunch choices are served. I have often said that a property's star rating should be judged by the staff, applying that criteria here, it is 5 star. I found everyone welcoming, caring and good humoured. Will I go back, yes, without hesitation. My choice to go back for my last couple of days was a good one, my welcome upon my return, was memorable. One final and temporary point. An additional 15 rooms are nearing completion. At times building work could be heard - yes, did it bother me - not in the slightest, and the new rooms, which I reckon will be splendid, should be available in December

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room on the pool deck, a delightful spot with superb views.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
San Fernando, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We arrived on the 31st October 2014. around 14:15. My card information was taken to be held as security at reception. The information on the card including the verification code was written down on a carbon copy form. We checked in, dropped our bags and headed to the restaurant for lunch.

At 19:00 hrs a bank representative contacted me via telephone to ask about some charges to my credit card. There were 6 charges made to me credit card 15 mins after I gave my card at the front desk, while I was having lunch at the hotel restaurant.

I then notified the front desk about what had transpired, the receptionist left to speak to management, when she returned I was told i will have come back in the morning to speak to management.

Around 19:00 on the 1t, a call came from the reception area the person clarified they were not management, but will like to hear the story,i relayed the information to her again, she said when I check out on the 2nd, some one from management will sit and speak with me. I checked out on the 2nd at 11:00, no one came, no one called, no one showed any interest to the fact that 10-15 mins after giving my informtion to their establishment, my was used 6 times.

I subsequently paid in cash, and let. This wasn't our first time I stayed t Bacolet Beach Club, but it will definitely be my last.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Private beach, captivating views, and a lovely bar and restaurant adjacent to the hotel, make for a very pleasant escape in Tobago. The pool deck is terrific, and the rooms are lovely (and slightly quirky). Good wifi, a second hotel across the road with pool you can also use, and a bar at the beach are added attributes; driving to the island's better beaches does require a drive, but the island's not massive. Staff weren't terribly personable, but overall I'd be happy to go back.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night. The lady at the front desk could have been more pleasant but she wasn't rude either... the rooms are nice and spacious and have lovely views of the ocean. More attention needs to be focused on cleaning of the rooms and maintenance of the surroundings. There was evidence of mildew in the bathroom, garbage was left around the pool and in the overflowing bin near the pool for over 24 hours, while we were there. The hotel is nice and private and the pool was lovely. The beach was very tiny, not much space to walk. The food at the restaurant is very tasty but pricey. The buffet breakfast was limited but tasty. The WiFi in the rooms were good. With more focus on cleaning and maintenance, this hotel would be wonderful!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
east sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

I stayed here for a week following a family tradegy. The people at the hotel were wonderful. They bought flowers and a card to the room. They could not do enough for us and we will be eternally grateful for all they did. The hotel is situated in an elevated position with some steep steps going down to the sandy beach. Breakfast is varied with fruit, cooked breakfast, cereals, muffins and drinks, we found this breakfast was enough to set us up for the day . There is some building work going on, and yes there is some noise, so if you want total peace and quiet then maybe look for a different hotel. The rooms have everything you need, hairdryer, tea and coffee making, t.v, dvd, Sky TVs and are very comfortable. The island tour is a must for any visitor and is highly recommended. The island is very green and lush and the bird life is amazing.

Room Tip: Deluxe overlooks the beach and pool
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bacolet Beach Club? Share your experiences!